Mini Arrow Servo Setup Problem

Wesful

Hi all,

I recently finished building my Mini Arrow (which is the second plane I've ever built) and I'm having trouble setting up the servos. In the build video, Josh connects the servos to the receiver and can control both servos with one channel. I tried doing the same, but I can only control one wing with one channel and the other with a second channel. How do I set it up so that I can control both wings with one channel?

I'm very new to airplanes, so forgive me if I was vague and let me know if I need to explain further. Also, I'm using Spektrum's AR620 receiver and DXS transmitter.

Thanks!

Wesley

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hi all,

I recently finished building my Mini Arrow (which is the second plane I've ever built) and I'm having trouble setting up the servos. In the build video, Josh connects the servos to the receiver and can control both servos with one channel. I tried doing the same, but I can only control one wing with one channel and the other with a second channel. How do I set it up so that I can control both wings with one channel?

I'm very new to airplanes, so forgive me if I was vague and let me know if I need to explain further. Also, I'm using Spektrum's AR620 receiver and DXS transmitter.

Thanks!

Wesley
You need to set the transmitter to elevon mode.
Right now it sounds like it's in fixed wing mode.
Where you have 4 control surfaces, not the 2 you have on a wing.
Just check on YouTube for how to set specktrum dxs transmitter to elevon mode

Bricks

Master member
Will not work using one channel to control elevons each has to be on a separate channel.

Wesful

Thank you, I'll look into it.

Wesful

So I've gone around the internet and I've tried putting the transmitter into different modes and used the trims to reverse the channels, but I still am unable to control both servos with one channel. Do I need to buy a different transmitter altogether?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
So I've gone around the internet and I've tried putting the transmitter into different modes and used the trims to reverse the channels, but I still am unable to control both servos with one channel. Do I need to buy a different transmitter altogether?
Are you using a y cable??

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Aha... Found it....
Check the attached file... This is how you do all the settings for it

Attachments

• Spektrum DXe Programming Instructions.pdf
    474.4 KB · Views: 0

Wesful

If I bought the DX6e, is there an elevon mixing setting that I could turn on or off without using software for programming?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
If I bought the DX6e, is there an elevon mixing setting that I could turn on or off without using software for programming?
Although if you could afford it.. I would get the dx8e or dx8 ... You'll then have enough space for many many more planes & settings for a very long time .