Mini arrow

Swagg93mixon

Hey guys anyone who has built a mini arrow I was wondering about nose weight as I have the battery as far forward as possible and it still requires a lot of down elevator to keep her tracking straight does anyone have any suggestions on the amount of weight I should add?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
My arrow didn't have that problem, what motor and battery are you using?

Does your plane balance on the Cg marks?

Swagg93mixon

I’m running the f pack and I actually painted it so I can’t see the exzact marks anymore. Witch is prolly part of my problem

Swagg93mixon

This was actually the speed build kit and I did crash it and have to make some repairs so that could be part of the problem as well it’s also my first ever build so I could have made a mistake somehow.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
This was actually the speed build kit and I did crash it and have to make some repairs so that could be part of the problem as well it’s also my first ever build so I could have made a mistake somehow.
If you want to relocate your suggested CG you could go to the tiled plans on the FT website, find the pages in the plans that have the bottom panel of the wing. Print off just those pages and tape them together, trim it out along the cut lines. And there you have a new template.

That's one of the great things about FT, even if you have a SBK you can still do full surgery on your planes with free plans online. you could even use the DTFB instead of the FTFB the SBK's come with

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
My first Arrow needed a good deal of nose weight. Possibly as much as 28 gms. I now believe that I was a little too liberal with the hot glue and paint.

The second one utilized the optional wing bays for the receiver and some wires. It balanced easier as I recall.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Okay so maybe I’m just super new to this but what is a reflex setting and what exactly does it do? I have a Spectrum DX6 so I have access to a lot more settings then I know about or do you mean the reflex angel on the elevons?
It's reflex angle on the elevons, I think the arrow has 6-8 degrees of up reflex. Pretty much sets the elevons straight back from the usual slightly down angle of the FT folded wing. This can also be adjusted in sub-trim and trim in flight. Doesn't take much either, maybe 20-30% in the sub-trim and you are fine.

Swagg93mixon

It's reflex angle on the elevons, I think the arrow has 6-8 degrees of up reflex. Pretty much sets the elevons straight back from the usual slightly down angle of the FT folded wing. This can also be adjusted in sub-trim and trim in flight. Doesn't take much either, maybe 20-30% in the sub-trim and you are fine.
Okay I’ll definitely look into subtrim I have seen that before but wasent sure what it was I’ll mess around with that and see what changes thanks guys!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Okay I’ll definitely look into subtrim I have seen that before but wasent sure what it was I’ll mess around with that and see what changes thanks guys!
Sub trim will allow your Tx in flight trim to stay centered yet physically position that center point for a given control surface. Actually if you are setting up to install push rods and your two asymmetrical servos (aileron servos), use your Tx instead of a servo tester. You know when you center your two servos and put them side by side, no matter how you try to fit the servo horns to them one is always off. It is because the splines that lock the position is usually an odd number. You can counter this by using sub-trim, in your case having the DX6 it does it on the controller

Swagg93mixon

Sub trim will allow your Tx in flight trim to stay centered yet physically position that center point for a given control surface. Actually if you are setting up to install push rods and your two asymmetrical servos (aileron servos), use your Tx instead of a servo tester. You know when you center your two servos and put them side by side, no matter how you try to fit the servo horns to them one is always off. It is because the splines that lock the position is usually an odd number. You can counter this by using sub-trim, in your case having the DX6 it does it on the controller
You’ve been An amazing help thank you so much I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me tomorrow to fix some things. But hopefully I can work on getting some videos posted as soon as possible!

Swagg93mixon

So I found out My issue I was useing the low and high throw gauge to center my elevons and so I corrected that and used the actual Elevon gauge however I lost my prop nut.. can I get one at a local hardware store? Or should I order one? And also would anyone know the size of the prop nut for the f pack motor?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Good to hear you got the issue fixed up, it's usually the small things that become detrimental lol

You could take the motor into the store and find a nylon lock nut that fits