Mini Bloody Wonder (50%)

kah00na

I'm excited to see what the FliteTest guys do soon with their mini foam airplanes! In the mean time, I built a 50% sized FT Bloody Wonder! I used an extra RCX 2400kv motor, 12 amp Afro ESC, and 2 extra 9g servos I had laying around. It is too dark tonight to try to fly it but I'm hoping to maiden it tomorrow. I'm going to try to run it on a 1000mAh 2S battery and see if that is enough power. If not, I have a 500mAh 3S battery that I can try too. I hot glued in the ESC just behind the nacaduct so I'm hoping it gets enough airflow especially since the bottom is going to be open. Also, the receiver and antennas are hot glued in so I don't have to have extra straps holding them in place either. I put it next to my full size BW to show a size comparison.

20141022_233940.jpg

20141022_234052.jpg

20141022_233834.jpg

20141022_233923.jpg

Grounded Gremlin

The guy that doesn't fly
Are you still using 5mm Foamboard? How heavy is that thing? Would love to know how it handles in the air. Cannot wait for the minis!

kah00na

Are you still using 5mm Foamboard? How heavy is that thing? Would love to know how it handles in the air. Cannot wait for the minis!

I'm using the same Dollar Tree foam board that FT recommended for the larger size planes. You could make 2 of these from one sheet. I'll try to get the weight later after I dig out my scale.

kah00na

This mini is too heavy. Even with a 3S battery, it was struggling. As long as it was flying into the wind, it was pretty controllable, but when I turned it around to bring it back, it couldn't keep itself in the air. Oh well, now I wait to see what the FT guys come up with.

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
There fun when there that small. But they like to fly fast the best. i used the funfighter motor on 4s turning it into a pocket rocket

T-Richard

This mini is too heavy. Even with a 3S battery, it was struggling. As long as it was flying into the wind, it was pretty controllable, but when I turned it around to bring it back, it couldn't keep itself in the air. Oh well, now I wait to see what the FT guys come up with.

also can't wait to see what FT guys come up with.

I would however go up to 6x4 prop on your current setup just for kicks

kah00na

also can't wait to see what FT guys come up with.

I would however go up to 6x4 prop on your current setup just for kicks

Humm.... well, I do have some extra 6045 props sitting around. Maybe I'll give them a try. This time I'm going to record it though. I still need to find the overall weight of the plane.