Mini Bushwacker??

Brett_N

Would any of you CAD wizards be so kind as to whip up a set of bushwacker plans (AIO if possible?) at say, 50%? Something close to the mini-size for 2S packs?

Morgan

Would definitely be interested in the plans my self . Iyou can also print the simple cub plans in b sized tiled plans (sponz plans index)on an a sized sheet of paper and it Flys great on an f pack.

Mini Bushwacker and Cub plans sound awesome!
Do a search for an A or F Pack Cub, it has been done! Now the bushwacker is something at I really would like to see. I really think FT should just do a mighty mini bushwacker as I really think it would sell!

Wingman04

Do a search for an A or F Pack Cub, it has been done! Now the bushwacker is something at I really would like to see. I really think FT should just do a mighty mini bushwacker as I really think it would sell!
I want to see a Mighty Mini Pun Jet that fits inside the Mighty Mini Guinea Pig just like the big sized ones!

Keno

I'll give it a shot but have to do some calculation so the mini power pod can fit. I believe that someone else has also stated they could. Search and see if you can find him and give him a shout.

Keno

If anybody is interested I added prelim plans of a 50 reduction Bushwacker. I have not constructed it yet as there is a lot of work yet to be done. Correction of error also. I can't guarantee it going fly as well as the original. Anybody the wants to take it further go for it. I have a round file cabinet it could go into and join many other goofy ideas. The plans are under Brett-N original post in Plans Forum.

Keno

In further review of Bushwacker and for it to accept a mini power pod its nose will require modification and in doing this it loses its top view appearance. I tried to keep its top view appearance but not practical. In process of redrawing we'll see how it comes out! I removed the prelim plans and will have the new one out shortly

Keno

Really did not want to change the nose design and maybe others may have a way to keep it in a reduction. You could probably do away with the rudder servo and make the rudder/fin one piece. The wing can now be made in one piece rather than 2. I made some changes in fuse tail so keep this in mind. Anyway for what it is worth and I hope Peter (FT) does not mind the mods. By the way if you use a one piece fin/rudder you need too dihedral to the wing. Enjoy!

Attachments

• ViaCAD Pro _50% Bushwaker reduction.pdf
    109.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

frankofino

hey there. this mini bushwacker project is great. I am building one myself and the first problem I encountered was the scorcut size. I reduced the original plans to 66% ( which I read somewhere that someone recommended this) and it came out to be just fitting with the mini firewall. because the foamboard is about 5 mm thick, this must be adjusted. I drew the new lines on paper lacking any CAD skills. It was not too precise, but with adjustments while building, it worked out quite alright. I like your idee of the motor mount floor. if I had seen this artikel before building I had probably used your plan. I just have to figure out how to print it in the right scale. thanks for your work !

whackflyer

Master member
@Keno, which powerpod are we supposed to use in this? It looks like on the motor plate you put some downthrust but does it need a right thrust angle?

whackflyer

Master member
@Grifflyer, I have seen your thread on the ShrubSmacker also, and I was somewhat torn between about which to build. I eventually want to build yours too, but I once had a couple Bushwackers, and I think a mini version would be so cute, so I want it too look exactly like the big one, just a baby:cool::LOL:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
@Grifflyer, I have seen your thread on the ShrubSmacker also, and I was somewhat torn between about which to build. I eventually want to build yours too, but I once had a couple Bushwackers, and I think a mini version would be so cute, so I want it too look exactly like the big one, just a baby:cool::LOL:
No prob, I was just throwing out some options.
Good luck with your build!!!

Keno

@Keno, which powerpod are we supposed to use in this? It looks like on the motor plate you put some downthrust but does it need a right thrust angle?
The standard FT mini that has right thrust built in to it. When I did the reduction I was working with DTFB, FT's WRFB is smaller in thickness .1719" DT's white board is around .1875" and this measurement varies a little with different DTFB purchases. FT's WRFB is around 4.34mm and DTFB can be as much as 5.76mm and lower 4.8mm. I just double checked my template on the mini pod and it is for the FT DR1

Last edited:

whackflyer

Master member
The standard FT mini that has right thrust built in to it. When I did the reduction I was working with DTFB, FT's WRFB is smaller in thickness .1719" DT's white board is around .1875" and this measurement varies a little with different DTFB purchases. FT's WRFB is around 4.34mm and DTFB can be as much as 5.76mm and lower 4.8mm. I just double checked my template on the mini pod and it is for the FT DR1

Thank you! Hopefully I can get around to building it soon!

frankofino

cool work, both designes look great.
I am building the original powerpod ( with the tabs on the top) but 66% of the size, as I mentioned before. Hope it works out.
>by the way, what prog do you use to draw the plans? can you import the original plans and adjust them (especially the width of the scorecut parts)? <
I am just days away from the maiden. wish me luck!