Mini Edge 540 Build

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
You are not having good luck with the Mini Edges! :eek::( @sundown57 broke his BBE in the same spot. I'll be taking both his and @bracesport's suggestion and shoring up that area on my BBE build. The crash was not in vain. You've demonstrated a weak spot in the frame design that persists through multiple models. I've learned a lesson here.

As for your crash, I've watched it on 1/4 speed several times. it certainly looked like it torqued over to the left just as soon as you gave it up elevator. I haven't the experience to tell you why that would be. :(

I hope the repair goes goes well and wish you luck on your next try with it! :)

kilroy07

Legendary member
Also, I've been having a pretty good time adding lamination film to my Night Raidan (not that I'm very good at it mind you... Lots of wrinkles in one wing...) Anyway, I was thinking I bet using packing tape down the length of the fuselage (you could even hide it on the inside) would add a WHOLE lot of strength without a lot of weight to that weak area.

mayan

Legendary member
The Mini Edge V3 has been repaired and tomorrow is going on another try using a 8x6 prop let’s see what happens.

F37EB58E-FAFF-4CBE-8E53-A90017F4C13D.jpeg

mayan

Legendary member
@mayan the plans are printed at 74% I'm excited to get started on this build!
Good luck buddy should you need any help let me know. I recommend you also build yourself a AF Easy Edge if you haven’t already it’s faster to build and would allow you to also practice 3D maneuvers without caring much about breaking the airframe. I also want to mention though that the Edge airframe is super strong and unlike what others say I find it easy to repair.

Again I am here should you need any advice :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Good luck buddy should you need any help let me know. I recommend you also build yourself a AF Easy Edge if you haven’t already it’s faster to build and would allow you to also practice 3D maneuvers without caring much about breaking the airframe. I also want to mention though that the Edge airframe is super strong and unlike what others say I find it easy to repair.

Again I am here should you need any advice :)
I’ve built the full size edge, but it was not powerful enough with my old c pack motor. It really isn’t that hard to repair, I agree with you. I do want to make an eaf edge soon, but for the moment this and the Ft-3D will be my 3D birds.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I wanted to work on the edge tonight, but unfortunately I’m not allowed to since well 2:30 is pretty late. Pretty early actually... :LOL: Not sure if I’ll be able to work on it tomorrow, but here’s the little bit I got done
85E869BD-A759-4E8D-82CE-6658371E8653.jpeg
today...

Jackson T

Elite member
I wanted to work on the edge tonight, but unfortunately I’m not allowed to since well 2:30 is pretty late. Pretty early actually... :LOL: Not sure if I’ll be able to work on it tomorrow, but here’s the little bit I got done View attachment 152831 today...
Nice, I can't wait to see it fly! Has @SquirrelTail built an FT Edge yet? I'd love to see him put one through it's paces.