Help! Mini Edge 540

Cpl Goertz

Hi Guys,
I'm going to try and build the edge 540 scaled down to fit the power pack A. Does anybody know what scale it should be or the span? I don't mind if it is a bit slower. Also the battery is 800 mah 2s.
Thanks

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Are you looking to get the 3D flight characteristics out of that or just the look?
What prop are you using? (so we can figure out what your max static thrust is)

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I did some thrust calculations with an A-pack motor a while back.

6x3 maxes out at 210g thrust, 6x4.5 maxes out at 275, so you would need to get your build really light... probably 150g max to get full 3D performance. [I get 150g max as that is 75% of the max thrust and you need to have some left over 'thrust' for your hovers... if you _really_ want to get it doing serious 3D, your going to want to get some 3s cells with 6x3 to get 400g thrust and keep your mass under 200-250g]

which is going to be a challenge:

4x 5g servo

20g

A-pack Motor + ESC

35g

Receiver (based on mine)

8g

Battery (mine is 650mAh, so yours is going to be more)

40g

Everything else

72g

175g

Looking at my v-tail build notes, I suspect you would want to target around a 24in wing span as that came out to 163g for everything but the battery at one point. Your going to have to strip all the internal paper to save weight like I did for that plane.

Last edited:

Cpl Goertz

I did some thrust calculations with an A-pack motor a while back.

6x3 maxes out at 210g thrust, 6x4.5 maxes out at 275, so you would need to get your build really light... probably 150g max to get full 3D performance. [I get 150g max as that is 75% of the max thrust and you need to have some left over 'thrust' for your hovers... if you _really_ want to get it doing serious 3D, your going to want to get some 3s cells with 6x3 to get 400g thrust and keep your mass under 200-250g]

which is going to be a challenge:

4x 5g servo

20g

A-pack Motor + ESC

35g

Receiver (based on mine)

8g

Battery (mine is 650mAh, so yours is going to be more)

40g

Everything else

103g

175g

Looking at my v-tail build notes, I suspect you would want to target around a 24in wing span as that came out to 163g for everything but the battery at one point. Your going to have to strip all the internal paper to save weight like I did for that plane.
Thank you! That is a huge help!!!!

Battery800

Elite member
You could also try the f pack or a 3s, though that would defeat the original purpose, but making a 3D plane with so little extra weight is going to be a big challenge