Mini FliteFest New England April 2016 Edition

HilldaFlyer

L11poFUMnENHRYy74Pv06onyj_opWsIh8-GFq7IwtnjNPRXn2l2jzkC0Y_QREy-ochNvjHzSOySirAiko2L1btjIOVfXX57pO3kIv2Wz0JgfXxhyBzTRS3-eSVmeAIR-DEhgqf8j

April 9, 2016 - Holden MA
In eager anticipation of flying weather, a pack of FT fans gathered to Fun Fly and Combat.

The best part was the great time and smiles. I took a few photos - Ken probably took 100’s of photos. I’m hoping he can share the best of the lot.

Thanks to all the Participants for making it a super great day of flying.

• HilldaFlyer (Worcester MA - Host QMFC)
  • JohnRambozo (Rhode Island)
  • Rames (Boston MA)
  • Ken (the awesome photographer, Rames’ brother)
  • captron (MA)
  • BobbyC18 (West Boylston, MA)

Weather- The day started at 8 am with a crisp 32 degree and absolutely no wind. The sun warmed it up a bit, almost to T-shirt temps. The wind picked up a bit around nine and we had some “Fun” in the wind.

I’ve never tried to pack 11 planes in my truck… I’ll just say neatly piled in
FzSzp9eSPkwvXMkx0ljf1yf1HGB6mgDqtfTagpBCNCVocywZts_yGOpQguQJTdlh5W3eYN8n7S_homNBXVHuPeIvj7KEbl8U64cpNYu7gkngYv8ut9t5Qaj2Ix9xo4LfQs_SKTrF

vIiemUm29kl4q14DOsCPfABrQpZJnaVUn1s_ys3P8Gio3bgNp_WrZRATb50JHko-lo0TIiZvOOk-nRCDd9flowolPpXtaTJj7Hq4mQ_0Zq-9ML86zlgEqKI87l62vjIvjWK_YKXs

and stacked.

​
9qre6xqggTWuFrQ1RwjnDRFfmT5cBG7iPu3wdtdObaYmIy2I4mIQexHs1f0Q2_OD80X02o9r3C-VCKPBYwwjZxUthNmPurZCy7VElkMOgZZTfYVnbtf5Av5hEdVt7yVIaRIbONRy

Here is a much better method - captron and racks.

Last edited:

Rames

Great time. Thank you for letting Ken and me jump in last minute. Looking forward to the next get together.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Looks like you guys got the perfect day in these shots specially for so early in the year for New England. Was there any video shot at all? specifically the battle? :)

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Looked like a great time for all! Wish I could have joined in the fun, but no RC time this past weekend for me.

HilldaFlyer

Looks like you guys got the perfect day in these shots specially for so early in the year for New England. Was there any video shot at all? specifically the battle? :)

Yes, we had a blast! And yes, there was video shot. The combat was recorded, however, I noticed upon review that the battery must have been depleted cause the sound got some weird hum most likely from switching voltage regulator (cap cam). I'll post it soon, but it sounds awful (but its fun to listen to us laughing). I started editing last night. It takes a bit more time to get a vid presentable. Most of the pictures in my posts were extracted from the video.

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
Those are all great photos! What a good time meeting and flying with everyone!

Here's some of the video I put together so far. My Twin Baron maiden and Ron's FMS Corsair.

flyingsquirrelRC

Those are all great photos! What a good time meeting and flying with everyone!

Here's some of the video I put together so far. My Twin Baron maiden and Ron's FMS Corsair.

jeeze that twin bloody baron is really moving! even on the landing it was going pretty fast

I want to build one :D

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
jeeze that twin bloody baron is really moving! even on the landing it was going pretty fast

I want to build one :D

It was sure fun to fly. I scaled it to 75% because I'm only using 2 race quad motors (emax 2204 2300kv) but I think it would have plenty of thrust to pull the full size around. If you need any measurements, let me know. I didn't alter the original plans at all (apart from printing at 75%). Just mounted motors under the wings instead of on the nose.