MINI FOKKER D VII

Michael G

hello flite test,
I threw a little something together for you it should fly just fine I really didn't design anything, not like I did for the mini sopwith camel (which I haven't given up on).
all I did with the D VII was kit bash parts from the mini se5 & DR I. I turned the dr1's middle wing into the D VII's bottom wing and modified the vert & horiz stabs to look more like D VII's tail. it all goes together like the se5 &DR I. So break out your poster board templates because when I colored it (I did it on my lap top with the paint program) I didn't put in all the holes it was too much of a pain in the neck. I was careful to stay inside the original lines. all pages were decreased down to 31.7% to fit on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper so you'll have to use the legend at the corner of the pages to enlarge back to the original size. I know it's a little cheesy using the paint program but it was fun to do it. I hope you like it and post pics & video.
d7 1.jpg
d7 2.jpg
d7 3.jpg
d7 4.jpg

Michael G

Great looking skin, can't wait to see it on a plane.
I'm planning on building one soon. Right now im in the middle of building my mini sop- camel again hopefully I solved the problem of getting it off the ground.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Looks great! The D.VII is one of the nicer looking planes of its era, and you have just the right amount of Bixler cartoony-ness added to this one.