Mini Guinea build, my practice for something ambitious

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
got a bit busy at the thing I do to trade my time for money i get to trade for plane parts. I managed to put some paint on a scout i hope to maiden in a few days and figured since i told @BATTLEAXE id try the ironing technique he so kindly made a video about, that I should give it a go. I actually had a lot of fun doing it. more than i thought i would. I had it in my mind it would be another tedious step before the fun building part. but nope it was a nice relaxing task while listening to some music. the cats thought i was nuts but they think that about a lot of things i do. I can tell where i started and where i ended. i did improve a bit as i went. Ill likely do this on the next build as well.

View attachment 148547

i did notice after taking the photo that i forgot to do the aileron bevels , but the iron is cold again put away and I am too lazy to get it back out. I am done for the night I think.

-J
Looks good! I used the ironing a lot on my viggen today.

Attachments

• 3139059C-3E87-4A4C-ACC8-D039F1D78382.jpeg
    3139059C-3E87-4A4C-ACC8-D039F1D78382.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I had plans to photograph or document a bunch of steps so id be practiced at it for my more wild builds. but no. I put on some music and got lost in the building. The plane is coming together nicely. The wing ant tail are just set in place for now. I need to work on the servos and get the wires cut before i do much more i think. I did decide to use the cheaper 9g servos which are a bit bigger. but instead of cutting larger holes in the wing for them i cut the tab of the servo. no need for them if just hot gluing in place anyway. maybe the same will work for the tail servos.
IMG_20191123_234152.jpg

IMG_20191123_233900.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
@Zetoyoc I also used 9 gram servos in my mini guinea. It's on the work bench right now after spending some time in the boneyard, so stay tuned for a flight video soon. I'll post it on this thread so you can see it. It's a really fun plane!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I had plans to photograph or document a bunch of steps so id be practiced at it for my more wild builds. but no. I put on some music and got lost in the building. The plane is coming together nicely. The wing ant tail are just set in place for now. I need to work on the servos and get the wires cut before i do much more i think. I did decide to use the cheaper 9g servos which are a bit bigger. but instead of cutting larger holes in the wing for them i cut the tab of the servo. no need for them if just hot gluing in place anyway. maybe the same will work for the tail servos.
View attachment 148924
View attachment 148925
Did you do some ironed edges there I see or is it just the lighting?

Looks good and you are building fast, I would think the Mini Guinea is a good candidate for the 9g servos, it is a cargo plane after all. Speaking of servos in a cargo plane will you be doing a cargo door for drops, like toilet paper or paratroopers

Zetoyoc

Elite member
Did you do some ironed edges there I see or is it just the lighting?

Looks good and you are building fast, I would think the Mini Guinea is a good candidate for the 9g servos, it is a cargo plane after all. Speaking of servos in a cargo plane will you be doing a cargo door for drops, like toilet paper or paratroopers
oh yes, you inspired me to try the ironed edges on this build. it was a lot easier than expected and turned out nice.

i should have just enough channels in my current radio for a door or some sort of drop mechanism, ill also be playing with differential thrust , because, why not? :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
You know, that thing can handle a ton of weight. In the build vid I think Peter used a 850 mah 3s or something, but I used my 1000 mah lipo, then my 1500 3s and all the way up to a 2200 3s! She didn’t care, even though that is the recommended size for the big guinea. And yeah, I go overkill on the big guinea as well - 5000 mah 3s🤣 She don’t care either. They are called Guinea Pigs for a reason! 😂🤣