MINI Guinea motors and props.

chris398mx

Master member
i am building a mini guinea and wanted to know if i have to use cw and ccw motors and props or can i use 2 ccw motors and regular props. i have 2 power pack a motors.

Wildthing

Legendary member
The motors you can spin any direction you want but props only turn one way. Turn eliminate any torque roll when running twin setup you want counter rotating props.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
You can run one motor CW and one CCW, even if the motors are marked different. You will need a pair of opposing props. Brushless motors don’t care if they are run in either direction, just pop a bit of blue threadlock or a nylock nut on the motor running backwards so the prop nut doesn’t fly off.
If you run both motors and both props in the same direction it will get messed up due to the torque roll.

chris398mx

Master member
Thanks for the replies. i will order some counter rotating props. can i run the 6x3 props that came with the power pack A or do i need to get the 5 inch props?

FDS

Elite member
I would put it on 5 inch props. I run mine on 5x3 quad props, then you get 4 in a pack. You can run 5x4 on most of the 2206 motors. Bigger may be a bit much for the ESC’s, it would fly in the 6x3, just check the ESC temp.

Keno

I would put it on 5 inch props. I run mine on 5x3 quad props, then you get 4 in a pack. You can run 5x4 on most of the 2206 motors. Bigger may be a bit much for the ESC’s, it would fly in the 6x3, just check the ESC temp.
I tried the 6X3 on the 2206 not good went to 3 blade 6X4 3 blade much better. with the 2206 you should think of using a 30 amp esc also..

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Three blade 5x4 would be ripping. It’s fast enough for me on the two blades on 3s.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i use 2205-2300kv and 5x4x3 props w a 12A esc mounted externally on wing for cooling. never had a prob.

good luck,

me :cool: