Mini Guinea Pig maiden went well until...

Have you flown a Mini Guinea pig?

• Total voters

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I flew my TT hard the other day but Im at the in-laws in Portland for the rest of the week and didn’t have space to pack a plane on the plane. I’m looking forward to flying my storch and mig again but I gotta say that the bushwhacker is printed out and waiting to be be put on poster board so that might be my next one. Or the mini guinea. Or the mini mustang. Or the sea duck. Dang.
That is too bad. Need to find a small plane design that will fit on a carry on or something. It should be good, though cold, flying weather here around Portland for a few days yet, grab some foam, at least you could make a glider :)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
My list has shortened a little... I have the eaf edge, finish the bushwhacker, finish the scout, arrow, possibly a p-40, sea angel, 2D 3D biplane awaiting electronics, and I have a Pietenpol almost all cut out. Lol - so many planes and so little planes/space🤣

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
That is too bad. Need to find a small plane design that will fit on a carry on or something. It should be good, though cold, flying weather here around Portland for a few days yet, grab some foam, at least you could make a glider :)
Lol - meet up and fly together! Oh, and @Portlandbeginner was having issues learning on his tiny trainer, so @Zetoyoc you might be able to help him... Just a thought... You built the mini guinea, right?

Zetoyoc

Elite member
Lol - meet up and fly together! Oh, and @Portlandbeginner was having issues learning on his tiny trainer, so @Zetoyoc you might be able to help him... Just a thought... You built the mini guinea, right?
id be happy to help. not that it'll be worth much yet but ill make something up :) My mini guinea is mostly built. I set it a side for a moment when i ran out of servos. then i got in servos and started the p40. dang i hope i left enough servos for the Mini lol i may have to order more servos again :)

K3V0

Elite member
Happy thanksgiving everyone! And happy Thursday if it’s a regular day for you too! I’ll make a plane to leave up here to fly next time, then we can fly a PDX meet up 😄. It’s a beautiful day here though. You’re right, @The Hangar, your list is pretty short 😉

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
id be happy to help. not that it'll be worth much yet but ill make something up :) My mini guinea is mostly built. I set it a side for a moment when i ran out of servos. then i got in servos and started the p40. dang i hope i left enough servos for the Mini lol i may have to order more servos again :)
I know, right? I have like 60 servos but never know where they all are when I need them🤣

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I love my mini guinea. I have 2206-2700kv motors with HQ 5.1 x 4.6 x 3 props on 4s. It’s stupid fast. And the wing is also not up to the challenge. I going to try a carbon arrow shaft. And see if that fixes it.
Man, that would rip for sure!! A CF spar should really help. Have you done anything to reinforce the undercamber in the wingtips?

Guy S.

Man, that would rip for sure!! A CF spar should really help. Have you done anything to reinforce the undercamber in the wingtips?
No, right now it’s as the plans described. just some paint stir sticks and foam in the wing. I reinforced the tail with some 1/16 cf rods, but that’s it until now. I got it into a little trouble yesterday, and i had to climb out of a dive a little harder than I wanted and wrinkled the paper on the top of the wing. Right where the motor pods are. The under camber seems ok so far though.