Mini Guinea Pig maiden went well until...

Have you flown a Mini Guinea pig?

• Total voters

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have been flying standard size Flitetest airplanes for a while now, but I’ve never flown a mini series plane. Also, I had never flown a twin engine plane. So what better plane to do next than the mini guinea pig - a mini twin engine plane! Well I got all my electronics wired up and took it out for the maiden. I was super nervous and was sure it would hit the ground in a couple seconds and be a mess. But I decided to go for it! Boy was I impressed! I don’t think I used any trim, it just flew so good. Let me take a second to tell you I was running on 1808 motors with 6 4.5 props and a zippy 1000 mah 25c 3s lipo, and that thing was FAST. Within a minute I was doing low full speed passes through a tree and tall post (unused telephone line) feeling totally comfortable. All went well until it suddenly started to feel funny, so I put it down for a rough landing in a dirt field. Upon examination after the walk of shame, I realized they the source of my problem was in my “modified” power pod where I had trimmed it down to fit a different project. The nose was also a little scrunched, but a little hot glue fixed it and the power pod, and the mini guinea is good to go again! I’ll try to post a vid soon.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I’m having trouble with my video, so here are a couple pics.

Attachments

• 93EF3D04-E132-4AAB-86C5-401A22931968.png
    93EF3D04-E132-4AAB-86C5-401A22931968.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 0F15A1A7-1697-4B83-A8C4-8F59A4D6A5ED.png
    0F15A1A7-1697-4B83-A8C4-8F59A4D6A5ED.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So you used a pod from another plane and a new pod to make up for the other motor? Kinda confused lol
I had built the pods the pods for the Guinea Pig before I got a chance to fly it. Then when I need an A-pack motor for a cheap foam glider I converted to rc, I took one of the Guinea Pig power pods and trimmed it a little to fit the other plane.:)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Do you still fly this plane? I’m interested in making a differential thrust plane and I have the motors for a mini twin.
The last time I flew it it did something weird that caused me to have a “crash” which was more like an emergency land. I don’t think it was damaged at all. It’s in the garage at the moment and all it needs is the elevator and rudder servos - the wing is ready to go. With 10-15 min. of work it could be in the air. I really recommend it because it is super fast and fun! Now that you mentioned something about it, I might just pull it out this weekend and fly it and get a little video. It’s really fun- I just hadn’t gotten around to putting in the two servos that went into my big guinea pig I think...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
@K3V0 I pulled the mini guinea pig out of the boneyard and put some servos in. All I need to do now is figure out the control rods and glue the servos in place. Stay tuned for a flight video soon! ;)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Sorry @K3V0 I had my mini guinea ready to go and was putting on my propellers, and broke the shaft of one of my motors! i only have two of those motors, and I'm not planning on getting any more in the near future. Sorry about that. I was excited to fly it, but oh well - that kind of thing happens...

K3V0

Elite member
Sorry @K3V0 I had my mini guinea ready to go and was putting on my propellers, and broke the shaft of one of my motors! i only have two of those motors, and I'm not planning on getting any more in the near future. Sorry about that. I was excited to fly it, but oh well - that kind of thing happens...
No apologies needed! I appreciate you taking time to let me know 🙂 Sometimes the plane isn’t meant to fly again. You’v got some killer projects and planes going otherwise 😉

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yeah - can’t wait to add the bush plane to my bunch! Servos are coming for it and the Sea Angel Friday. In the mean time I scavenged two servos for the arrowhead which will probably be maidened this weekend. @BATTLEAXE and @K3V0 what have you been flying lately?

Attachments

• 4A084076-FBE3-462D-9B20-56DDA3EB0FFF.jpeg
    4A084076-FBE3-462D-9B20-56DDA3EB0FFF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I haven't flown anything in a few days. I am going to make an effort to go out tomorrow, been busy the past couple days. Been wanting to take out the BW, but the wind has been kinda heavy for it. If anything I might set up the Sportster with the 10x35 prop and see what happens there. Still waiting on the props to come in the mail from FT, been almost 2 weeks now. Might hook up with Headbang this week too, pick up the Viggen and do some flying at his field.

K3V0

Elite member
Yeah - can’t wait to add the bush plane to my bunch! Servos are coming for it and the Sea Angel Friday. In the mean time I scavenged two servos for the arrowhead which will probably be maidened this weekend. @BATTLEAXE and @K3V0 what have you been flying lately?
I flew my TT hard the other day but Im at the in-laws in Portland for the rest of the week and didn’t have space to pack a plane on the plane. I’m looking forward to flying my storch and mig again but I gotta say that the bushwhacker is printed out and waiting to be be put on poster board so that might be my next one. Or the mini guinea. Or the mini mustang. Or the sea duck. Dang.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I flew my TT hard the other day but Im at the in-laws in Portland for the rest of the week and didn’t have space to pack a plane on the plane. I’m looking forward to flying my storch and mig again but I gotta say that the bushwhacker is printed out and waiting to be be put on poster board so that might be my next one. Or the mini guinea. Or the mini mustang. Or the sea duck. Dang.
Haha how often do you hear this, always 5-6 planes on the list with no idea which one to do next. I am still the same way, love this hobby