Mini mustang

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
There is a thread for the ft mustangs (not just the mini) that is called the Big Bang of mustangs (I didn’t think of the name). You could also just ask your question here though.

Paulieb1979

I'm building one at the moment, what's you question?
The plans are printed and cut with a straight edge and so far the wings at the intial joint do not line up like in the build video and second thing I noticed is the tail section the rudder does not come all the way down like in the build video. There is like a 5mm square opening right under the rudder.

Paulieb1979

In the build video the servo wire cut outside are away from each other. With these plans there is a gap from one point to the next.

Attachments

• 15873321754777750253029802663860.jpg
    15873321754777750253029802663860.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
The plans are printed and cut with a straight edge and so far the wings at the intial joint do not line up like in the build video and second thing I noticed is the tail section the rudder does not come all the way down like in the build video. There is like a 5mm square opening right under the rudder.
Do you have any pictures of your situation to help us understand? It would help a lot.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
In the build video the servo wire cut outside are away from each other. With these plans there is a gap from one point to the next.
Oh, you posted right before me... Anyways, that gap in the wing is for the dihedral. It lets you set the wings angled upwards. You can check the build video and there should be an answer. Also are there any pictures of the tail section that you mentioned?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Not sure about the rudder, mine fits spot on and I cut them from the plans.
The gap between the top face of the wings pretty much meet up when you put in the dihedral.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Also, are you new to RC flying? Have you flown a plane before? If you haven’t, then the mini mustang might not be a good choice. The FT tiny trainer will use the same electronics and you just have to make a different airframe. You can save the mustang’s plans and make yourself one when you are confident enough in flying.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
In build video wing lines up like this.
That is because there is a piece of the wing that was taken out on the speed build kit. The piece is added separately later on. The plans already have this piece added so there is no extra work. Just watch the build vid and you will see what I mean.

Paulieb1979

Also, are you new to RC flying? Have you flown a plane before? If you haven’t, then the mini mustang might not be a good choice. The FT tiny trainer will use the same electronics and you just have to make a different airframe. You can save the mustang’s plans and make yourself one when you are confident enough in flying.
I have bin fling for long time. I always want to try and build one from scratch.