mini scout max speed

CustomRCMods

Elite member
As others have said, the mini scout will have a pretty hard time getting up to that speed, as well as even being remotely controllable at all when at that speed, if it doesn’t just break apart. There are so many better platforms for speed, where your desired readings can be achieved without pushing the electronics and airframe envelope. I have flown many scouts and mini scouts, and they are best as maneuverable cruisers, not speed demons... just my 2 cents.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Ok... so you know what you are doing, good. Also, since you just want to see what happens and it appears to be that you don’t care if it crashes, I have two things to say. One, make sure that if it does come apart it won’t harm anybody nearby (you probably already know this but just in case), and two, take a video. If there isn’t a video of it, it didn’t happen :). Good luck!

Kaona

As others have said, the mini scout will have a pretty hard time getting up to that speed, as well as even being remotely controllable at all when at that speed, if it doesn’t just break apart. There are so many better platforms for speed, where your desired readings can be achieved without pushing the electronics and airframe envelope. I have flown many scouts and mini scouts, and they are best as maneuverable cruisers, not speed demons... just my 2 cents.

In case you missed it, this is just all in fun and I don't really care if the airplane crashes. The ultimate goal is just to see what it takes to make it come apart.

Kaona

Ok... so you know what you are doing, good. Also, since you just want to see what happens and it appears to be that you don’t care if it crashes, I have two things to say. One, make sure that if it does come apart it won’t harm anybody nearby (you probably already know this but just in case), and two, take a video. If there isn’t a video of it, it didn’t happen :). Good luck!

I couldn't ask for a better environment to fly because there are open Fields for miles around me. I would ultimately like to get on board video but I'm afraid that would throw things off as in weight and drag just end up slowing it down.
My wife said she would go with me and film it.
She thinks it's stupid that I would build a plane and then do all I can to wreck it. What some people may think is stupid, I think it's fun.

I have purposely wrecked boats, planes, helicopters and quads. None wreck better than planes.

Last edited:

CustomRCMods

Elite member
I couldn't ask for a better environment to fly because there are open Fields for miles around me. I would ultimately like to get on board video but I'm afraid that would throw things off as in weight and drag just end up slowing it down.
My wife said she would go with me and film it.
She thinks it's stupid that I would build a plane and then do all I can to wreck it. What some people may think is stupid, I think it's fun.

I have purposely wrecked boats, planes, helicopters and quads. None wreck better than planes.

either that or just put a gopro or another car on your head.

Kaona

You gotta love the mini scout though. Such a simple build and pretty cheap to set up.
Easy to fly. With a 2204 2300 mine takes off in less than 2 feet. Heck, it'll take off by itself if the wind is right.

This all started because I have boxes and boxes of you brand new racing quad motors and buckets of quad props.

Motors and props are pretty expendable when it comes to quads that's why I have so many of them.
I'm going to put some of that stuff to work on some airplanes now and possibly get back into park prop Jets. I really like that RCP V5. I have the plans for all the V5's but maybe this isn't the place for any sort of Park jet discussion I guess unless it was a flight test mini 22, F-22 or viggen. Or maybe even the a-10 but it's a little big.

Kaona

Ketchup or whoever jumps in,

Let's say you want to do 50 miles an hour and you're hot set up at 50% throttle end point does 50 miles an hour.

So now let's put in an "easy fly" setup and increase throttle range to 100% in order to gain our 50 miles an hour.

Wouldn't the hot setup with a short endpoint be more efficient?
Longer flight times?
Lower heats?
Higher torque?
Faster hole shot?
Sustainable climb rates?

This has nothing to do with the ft mini scout!!