Mini scout motor

FastCrash45

Elite member
Curious as to if a 25gram motor work in the Mighty Mini Scout. It's an old 2210 but since it's under 30 grams I was hoping it might work if I add a bit more thrust angle. If you think it might work maybe a suggestion on props and batteries. Thanks to you all.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I think it will work if you use a light battery and neglect the formers and posterboard. What do you have on hand for batteries, props and ESC's?

FastCrash45

Elite member
I have props from 5.5 to 10.47 and everything in between. I also have 30c-80c batteries from 1000mah to 5200mah. I was into this hobby years ago and owned boats, heli's, planes, and cars in about every shape and size for all of them. My new and only wife told me to get into a hobby I loved so I'm getting back into it all.

FastCrash45

Elite member
This 2210 has 9 spots the wire wraps around, poles I guess, so it will be a fast one, it came out of a brushed conversion to a brushed Big Coco Lama heli by esky. OMG was that heli fast!

FastCrash45

Elite member
Thank you!! I appeciate your patience and advice. Been a long time since I've been into airplanes so trying to do well is important.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
yup, with that big of a motor up front you will need a smaller battery. i usually fly the scouts w/ a 1806 and 850mah and it balances perfect. you may find if you do a complete build that you need to add a little weight to the tail. just make sure if you do you go as far back and as small as needed to balance.

good luck, the scout is an excellent first foam build and flyer. i have taught more people to build and fly with it than i can count at this point.

laters,

me :cool:

FastCrash45

Elite member
yup, with that big of a motor up front you will need a smaller battery. i usually fly the scouts w/ a 1806 and 850mah and it balances perfect. you may find if you do a complete build that you need to add a little weight to the tail. just make sure if you do you go as far back and as small as needed to balance.

good luck, the scout is an excellent first foam build and flyer. i have taught more people to build and fly with it than i can count at this point.

laters,

me :cool:
Thanks for the support. I can customize any weight I need since I have an alloy melter. I've made TINY fishing weights and can cut pennies down to size too. I can keep track of all weights with my powder scale which can weigh .1 grain to 5lbs so I think I'm set for balancing. Thanks again

FastCrash45

Elite member
So I'd go with a 5x3 - 6x3 prop, a 12 to 20 amp esc and the 7.4 800mah lipo.
I've got a nice motor and esc. The great planes SS-12amp is 2-4s and the cheap esky batteries get warm but not hot. Wide open throttle for 8 minutes for both batteries. ESC was cold, I mean not even slightly warm. The powerful 25-35c 7.4 didn't get warm and again the ESC was cold. Ran it on a 6x3 IS prop. If u can keep it in the air that long it seems 10-15 minute flight times will be possible if I use the throttle light as possible.