Solved Mini Sparrow seemingly under-powered

Kai

Hi, pretty new to forums and diy rc planes, but I transferred the electronics from a different plane and put them into this one, with everything working, except that the propeller only starts turning when the throttle is at half power.

Wondering if I have any incorrect settings or something.

Thanks IMG-0181.jpg IMG-0182.jpg IMG-0183.jpg IMG-0184.jpg

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Hi, pretty new to forums and diy rc planes, but I transferred the electronics from a different plane and put them into this one, with everything working, except that the propeller only starts turning when the throttle is at half power.

Wondering if I have any incorrect settings or something.

Thanks View attachment 170099 View attachment 170101 View attachment 170100 View attachment 170102
You should probably calibrate the ESC. There are many great videos explaining it, but it essentially tells the plane what 0 and 100 throttle is. Just remember, take off the prop if you don't want to risk ending up with A cut, or worse. Turn on the radio first, then bring the throttle stick to 100 (no trim). Theb plug in the battery and the motor should start beeping. eventually (if you think it is done, wait 15 more seconds just in case) bring thr throttle to zero, let it beep some more, and the you should be done 😁

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Also, is your throttle cut on in the pictures? Usually the throttle is at -100 when nothing is applied, I’m not sure if bringing the rates down to -130 would affect it, but you might have to recalibrate for it.

Kai

You should probably calibrate the ESC. There are many great videos explaining it, but it essentially tells the plane what 0 and 100 throttle is. Just remember, take off the prop if you don't want to risk ending up with A cut, or worse. Turn on the radio first, then bring the throttle stick to 100 (no trim). Theb plug in the battery and the motor should start beeping. eventually (if you think it is done, wait 15 more seconds just in case) bring thr throttle to zero, let it beep some more, and the you should be done 😁

Thanks!

Kai

It worked!
Thanks so much