Mini sportster build plans/video

Does anyone know if there are downloadable plans for the Sportster? I looked around and couldn't find them. I want to build a 4 channel mini and this seems like the only one with plans. I may just order the speed build kit. Has anyone built one of these? Interested to see how it flies. I'm still trying to get my scout to fly properly but this is definitely something I'm interested in building.

Wednesday when the build comes out

YES!! Can't wait. This looks like it will fill a void I have been looking for(low wing performance plane). I have been flying the heck out of my Tiny Trainer; it's really stable but the fuselage and wing span don't allow it to do agressive aerobatics.

Spastickitten

Can't wait for more aileron minis to choose from. I'd love to see the spitfire and other popular designs, but physics is a tough thing.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
cat wait but i have to wait longer than you guys because i want to build a versa and restock on foam before i can build this one

Can't wait for more aileron minis to choose from. I'd love to see the spitfire and other popular designs, but physics is a tough thing.

Yah, concur. I am looking for something similar to my UMX T-28 and this is the first plane that is similar. I really prefer ailerons for the sharper turns.

PeterGregory

CrossThread Industries
I made a mini-scout over the summer and for the gym I plan on flying in I think it is a bit fast. I am hoping the mini sportster will be draggier and slower.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Very excited about this one! I seem to be one of the few people whose mini sportster dosen't fly well at all. Sort of wallows around all over the place. I was thinking about swapping out the wing with one about 4 inches longer to see how that changed the flight characteristics, but after seeing the video on this design I want to try a straight wing instead! Looking forward to experimenting with this!

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I have an FT Duster in the queue to build. That should fit this bill too.

YES!! Can't wait. This looks like it will fill a void I have been looking for(low wing performance plane). I have been flying the heck out of my Tiny Trainer; it's really stable but the fuselage and wing span don't allow it to do agressive aerobatics.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'm working on the plans for both Sportsters now. The build videos and plans should be out by Wednesday. I will be trying the Mini Sportster for indoor this winter.

I think I may buy the speed build kit just to save time. I've had enough fun cutting out tiled plans(not!). The other reason I'm getting sbk is I had so many problems with the scout I figure I may cut down on some errors if I use the sbk.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
I'm working on the plans for both Sportsters now. The build videos and plans should be out by Wednesday. I will be trying the Mini Sportster for indoor this winter.

Yes im so excited to start planning i just bought 2 9g servos to add to my spare 2 so im ready to build just need a few extensions any idea what length will be needed?

sorry you haven't had good build experiences. I have found building the minis to be a blast.

I've had great luck with the Tiny Trainer. I've built 2 of them. The 2nd one is really out of alignment but it still flies. I think because the Tiny Trainer is so long in wingspan/fuselage it gives it some extra stability. The problem I have with that is it flies like a Volvo station wagon. You guys have given me hope to get the Scout back out and figure out what the issue is. I love the look and size of this plane. I got some encouragement after I wrecked my UMX T-28 this weekend. One crash and that plane had a broken wing and smashed nose. The Flitetest planes take crashes really well.

The sportster looks like just the ticket for me.