MiniacRC Mighty Mini P-51B/C Mustang FREE PLANS

MooreRC

where does the bat. go? I cant find anything in the build guide. any photos?
I put my battery below the power pod, or on top of the wing just behind it, that's were I thought it would go.
Don't have any pictures, as I've since crashed the plane

MooreRC

where does the bat. go? I cant find anything in the build guide. any photos?
Here's a picture from the build guide, I put the battery were the red dot is. Hope this is helpful
Screenshot_20220308-085600_Drive.jpg

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
@FlyerInStyle I'd push it as far forward as possible, pretty much right behind the powerpod worked for me to get the right CG.
@MooreRC thanks for the clarification! :)
thanks. got that set up. Just a note if you were ever to edit the build guide, please specify how to put the linkages in, as it was a nuisance. I modified that part and stuck them out on the outside. Also, is one skewer enough to secure the powerpod? just a little skeptical.

MiniacRC

@FlyerInStyle
Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep that in mind!
I found that the piece under the pod, if glued in correctly, constrains the pod to 1 degree of freedom, which can be fixed by the skewer. I saw two ways in which the pod would come loose over time or due to crashes:
i) the piece below wears away
ii) the skewer hole widens.
But if the piece below is glued in well so the pod is tight, and a bracing (such as a piece cut from an old credit card) is glued over the skewer hole on the pod, the pod is not only well-seated but also resilient to crashes. I nose-dived my p51 when an esc smoked mid-air, the and pod had zero wiggle afterward. But again, that's contingent on strong assembly. Hope that helps!

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
@FlyerInStyle
I found that the piece under the pod, if glued in correctly, constrains the pod to 1 degree of freedom, which can be fixed by the skewer. I saw two ways in which the pod would come loose over time or due to crashes:
But if the piece below is glued in well so the pod is tight, and a bracing (such as a piece cut from an old credit card) is glued over the skewer hole on the pod, the pod is not only well-seated but also resilient to crashes. I nose-dived my p51 when an esc smoked mid-air, the and pod had zero wiggle afterward. But again, that's contingent on strong assembly. Hope that helps!
@FlyerInStyle
thanks. Sadly after a couple crashes and a broken wing, it did wiggle a little. it should be fine though Also, just a note, I love the landing gear design, but fro some reason y 850 3s ouwld not fit in the battery slot, and it was hard to access. I solved the problem by adding weight to the front, and putting the battery below the hatch. just a note. thanks for the amazing design though!

banknyank

I built the P-51, this was very straight forward and a blast to build. I did 3D print the exhaust and it turned out great. finding the correct COG was a small struggle with batteries I had but I got it figured out. It flies great and looks awesome. Its not the cleanest build but my next one should be much smoother as I learned an a lot on this. Thank you so much to MiniacRC

Attachments

• PXL_20240302_015748019.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240302_015748019.MP.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240302_030717638.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240302_030717638.MP.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240302_114109560.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240302_114109560.MP.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240302_145418283.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240302_145418283.MP.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I built the P-51, this was very straight forward and a blast to build. I did 3D print the exhaust and it turned out great. finding the correct COG was a small struggle with batteries I had but I got it figured out. It flies great and looks awesome. Its not the cleanest build but my next one should be much smoother as I learned an a lot on this. Thank you so much to MiniacRC
Looks great!