MinimumRC Shrimp, tonight, I have been losing my eyesight building it...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
MinimumRC Shrimp V2
Seriously, I have never felt so ham-fisted!!! My smallest jeweler's screwdriver was really a bit big!!!
IMG_20191118_210619537.jpg
IMG_20191118_210640831.jpg
I hope to maiden it this weekend coming at the indoor venue.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Does it come with a receiver built in, or do you have to supply your own? And if it does, what is it, DSMX, FlySky, Frsky?

I remember picking up a UMX Vapor from Horizon Hobbies, got it to fly twice for 30 seconds when the wing fell off. Not broke off, just FELL off, and no amount of CA glue would hold it together at the join again. I finally gave up and pulled the servo/controller board out and threw it into a Stevens Aeromodel kit...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Attaching the covering was just a matter of spraying contact adhesive on the wing frame then placing in on the film, press gently down and wait for the glue to set.
The receiver is a four channel flysky compatible one with a built in brushed esc. Cost just over £11

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Eyesight... Where did mine go.... oh for young eyes that could focus and seen in the dark again. LOL

Bring on the Vids of this puppy flying!

Cheers!
LitterBug

EDIT: FYI, I have a Parkzone Night Vapor and Horizon UMX Vapor Light, which are BNF carbon/film planes.

Last edited:

IanSR

Oh so tempted by this, I have an old helicopter control board that has two servos on and I'm seriously tempted to give one of these a go , they all have vapors at indoor flying and they look so much fun when there's five or six in the air.

Do they come with the motor and gearbox stuff in the pnp version or is that extra too? I don't wonna have to spend out for the umx one,

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Oh so tempted by this, I have an old helicopter control board that has two servos on and I'm seriously tempted to give one of these a go , they all have vapors at indoor flying and they look so much fun when there's five or six in the air.

Do they come with the motor and gearbox stuff in the pnp version or is that extra too? I don't wonna have to spend out for the umx one,
The PNP comes with everything bar the batteries and the RC module - Includes the tiny servos

Last edited:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member

But seriously....don't do it if you value your eyesight and sanity!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Piotrsko

Master member
I dunno, sounds great for my annual STUBBORN* project.....get a magnet stick, a tape stick, new white sheet for the build table and floor, teensie tools, big magnifier light, couple of sun lights,

force my son to build it.....

what COULD go wrong?

* I'm going to do this even if it kills me.

IanSR

But seriously....don't do it if you value your eyesight and sanity!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I fly a Tundra at a farm that has low level power lines running through the middle of the property, six foot high barbed wire fences surrounding the shortest runway you've ever seen (about 50 foot long) with a big brick wall at the one end and said barbed wire fence the other that requires pinhole precision to thread the needle to avoid being impaled on either.

Sanity you say? I lost that a long time ago lol.

One other question, these things look like a vtail mix is needed, is that right?