MK2S Build

RAGII

Woo Hoo, look what was waiting for me at home tonight. Time to start some assembly.
DSCN1692.JPG

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Nice :) The online instructions with user comments are just excellent, I really enjoyed the build.

RAGII

Assembly Begins

I got about 1-1/2 hours in of assembly tonight. So far so good.

DSCN1694.JPG

DSCN1693.JPG

Won't get to work on it at all tomorrow night :( so no updates until Friday.

Am very anxious to get this up and running.

RAGII

I'm anxious to see you get it up and running also, Rob. Be sure and set it in a prominent spot so you can watch it work while you binge-watch "Alone"... as I'm doing at this very moment ;)

-- David

David,

No such luck for me. Wife was already mad that I carved out another work space in the basement. She thought I was keeping it in my workshop. I told her that now that I got a "real" router (DW660) for the MPCNC there was going to be to much saw dust to have it in there. Between my RC build room (which I share with the furnace, water heater, water softner, and well tank), the work shop (woodworking and MPCNC), and now the Desk for the 3d Printer I have about 1/2 the basement area taken.

I am afraid if I moved it upstairs by the TV I would find myself sleeping outside, which here is Wisconsin this time of the year is not ideal (highs of 7 deg today).

Rob

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hehe take her shoe shopping. You will find reprieve for the incursion into other spaces. Besides.. if its an unfinished basement unwritten rules say thats man territory and only space for the washer and dryer is to be sacrificed. :p If it is a finished basement your already at a loss though so maybe up the shoes to a spa day or something.

RAGII

Hehe take her shoe shopping. You will find reprieve for the incursion into other spaces. Besides.. if its an unfinished basement unwritten rules say thats man territory and only space for the washer and dryer is to be sacrificed. :p If it is a finished basement your already at a loss though so maybe up the shoes to a spa day or something.

It is a partially finished basement. I put up drywall (not taped and finished though) and there is some carpeting laid on the floor (not installed just an end of roll laid down). A little furniture and lots of toys from when the kids were younger. We have first floor laundry so I at least have that going for me.

I will figure out something to smooth her over :D.

I am tempted to go down and do some more assembly work, but it is 9:45 and 5:30 a.m. comes early.

RAGII

And the X Axis
Over tightened the pulley and cracked the part slightly. Did a repair with some CA so hopefully it will hold up.

DSCN1696.JPG

RAGII

Getting closer. Looking more like a finished printer. Extruder assembly is next. I have to say that the assembly of this has been pretty easy so far. Having a few extra tools helps make some of the tasks easier than just using what they supply. Only issues have been self inflicted.

DSCN1698.JPG

RAGII

Extruder is now mounted. I did not like the way the back ty-wrap looked to rub on some of the wires. I took some small pieces of spiral wrap that I had and put over the ty-wrap to protect the wires.

DSCN1699.JPG

DSCN1700.JPG

RAGII

Complete. A few issues during the build but not too bad.

DSCN1701.JPG

Doing some test prints (not going well) to try and figure out the settings. I am getting gaps between the runs on the first layer vs a solid layer. Running a default PLA print off of the SD card. I did notice that it is using 210 for the temperature when my spool states it should be 235. The picture is a little blurry, but you can see the issue.

DSCN1706.JPG

RAGII

Well my daughter had basketball today so not much work on the printer today. I have been playing with the z height adjustment and think I am getting closer. Having a little issue with bed adhesion (prints are warping) but I am thinking it is do to a bad Z height, although I am not using anything additional on the PEI bed.

RAGII

Printing Like Crazy

Well I have been printing with this over the last few days and am loving it. So far nothing overly impressive, just a case for a PC power supply that I want to use for my MPCNC. I had to print the body of the case at work as the Prusa does not have enough Z range. The printer at work is also a lot faster so it got the body done in an 8 hour print.

Next up are some tool mounts for the MPCNC and a headset stand for my son.

DSCN1709.JPG

DSCN1710.JPG

Forgot to change a setting (it was doing 5 bottom layers and 3 top layers) on my first attempt at the faceplate. Had to stop as it was going to run out of filament before completion so I had to switch to Green.

JGplanes

@ David - How do you stand the sound of it printing while you watch TV? Mine in silent mode makes a racket?

JG

dkj4linux

Elite member
@ David - How do you stand the sound of it printing while you watch TV? Mine in silent mode makes a racket?

JG

It helps if you're near-deaf... as I am. I am near-totally deaf in my right ear... and maybe half in the other. I have to have the sound up on the TV to the point the printer isn't a problem. Not terribly uncommon for most 71-year old men my age, I'd wager ;)