Mobius C2 Mini Action Camera (GearBest.com)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Product link: http://goo.gl/dhzILA

This little gem showed up yesterday and I'm very much looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

12006213_10156061674295416_2911651413201430739_n.jpg

Specs:

Video:
1080P / 720p / WVGA 5 - 30fps wide
31 degree wide view angle

Photo:
Resolution: 2304 x 1536, 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720

Tech:
Maximum 32GB MicroSD
80 minutes run time

Stay tuned as I review the Mobius C2 and compare it against the Turnigy HD Action Cam, SOOCCO C10 Action Cam, GoPro 960 and HD Wing Camera.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Very Interesting

The C2 ships with older firmware. Does not even have the C lens option in the settings software.

I downloaded the latest firmware to the sd card and then was able to use the Mac based MobiusMangerV2.

The software is nice and does things like lets you set the date and more important turn off the DATE STAMP. (UGH)

Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 9.59.46 AM.png

I'll do a full how to on these steps shortly.

Want to get the HMB-235 outside with the Mobius on board for some testing fun ;)

12033198_10156068701880416_6209985118705263640_n.jpg

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Footage & Review

The Möbius is a welcome addition to the camera fleet.
Specially if you need something in a slimmer form factor.

IMG_6128.JPG

It is perfectly at home on most multirotors.

hover.png 001 (2).jpg
001 (1).jpg 001 (3).jpg

My only wish is that they would have some kind of tether hook.

Unfortunately the winds were too high this weekend to get the camera up on any of my planes.
Looking forward to seeing how that footage turns.

Stay tuned.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I really like my mobius cameras (I have an A and C2 lens model) and am looking forward to the new M2/Mobius 2:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904559&page=1120&highlight=m2#post32656429

I personally think a camera built specifically for model aircraft with the developer using our feedback is going to result in a product more useful for us. In particular the existing latest firmware with the ability to lock the exposure setting makes the mobius so much better for FPV vs when it first came out!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I was testing the lag and it did not feel bad.

Now I'm not using this setup to race but I'll stick it on the HMB-235 next and see how it goes.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
what kind of range does it get? I really want to try this on my Delta Ray.

Well it is a 200mw so it should be fine.
I really need to get a digital scale so I could weight the combo up.

I wonder how the DRay would react to the weight.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Well it is a 200mw so it should be fine.
I really need to get a digital scale so I could weight the combo up.

I wonder how the DRay would react to the weight.

I've had just the mobius on my delta ray without any problems... I suspect the added VTX should be ok, but not sure if having a separate battery might push it over the limit.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I've had just the mobius on my delta ray without any problems... I suspect the added VTX should be ok, but not sure if having a separate battery might push it over the limit.

Just make a 2S balance to JS connector :)

frugalflyer

The Möbius is a welcome addition to the camera fleet.
Specially if you need something in a slimmer form factor.

View attachment 55449

It is perfectly at home on most multirotors.

View attachment 55447 View attachment 55448
View attachment 55450 View attachment 55451

My only wish is that they would have some kind of tether hook.

Unfortunately the winds were too high this weekend to get the camera up on any of my planes.
Looking forward to seeing how that footage turns.

Stay tuned.
The Mobius has holes in the base for attaching a tether. This can be achieved by threading fine wire through the holes, but is more easily achieved by first removing the case.

Attachments

• 6x4.jpg
    6x4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

tneun

Nicolas
Wanted to do this too but lost my plane with all my fpv gear inclusive mobius yesterday maybe in about a month or so :)

irekkin

can you set this camera up so that it can be turned on and off remotely ( assign it a channel on your tx )

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
can you set this camera up so that it can be turned on and off remotely ( assign it a channel on your tx )

Hmm that is a good question.
You'd have to use the USB but not sure if there is a trigger option in the firmware.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor

That's an oft-requested feature, but the only way to do that is to control the power supplied by the USB port. If you can toggle the power supply to the mobius, you can set the software on it to either auto record or snap photos.