ZOHIO

the plan that i see under this good looking bad boys looks nice too ^^
i'm 99% sure it's a b25 from ziroli, but i only saw the plan, where is the plane :)?
Haha, the plane is still under construction! Here are a few teaser pics:
9D3D2017-FBAE-4231-8515-B7EFDA7B1DC4.jpeg
2CCA1B55-3023-44B5-AF5E-15AF2C308ED3.jpeg
78FBF29E-7CA0-44A7-8CD2-78F3DB3F9E6D.jpeg

ZOHIO

So we took the P47 out yesterday for it’s remaiden. The plane still flew amazing! We did notice a very slight rattling during the flight and upon further inspection we noticed that the mock radial had actually came loose and was making slight contact with the motor. The planes performance was not affected due to this but it is definitely a problem that needs fixed. The most incredible part of the flight.... the bombs worked! The bomb rack and mechanism worked flawlessly! We will try to get out again here soon to get some better video and possibly try to get the drop on video.
2C8B5A19-8724-4D47-9883-876119AE3313.jpeg
917D7F3E-FFAA-436B-92A8-F7E35C95AC65.jpeg
2BD39609-231D-4F4D-96AD-C0A760F20F00.jpeg

vtelikicherla

Looks great. I just built the P47. My first master series build. Before I take it out for its maiden flight tomorrow wanted to confirm on the CG. The plan says 1.75” from LE, but in the build video they say 1” from LE. What is the correct CG for the FT Master Series P47 Razorback. The AUW is 950gms.

ZOHIO

Looks great. I just built the P47. My first master series build. Before I take it out for its maiden flight tomorrow wanted to confirm on the CG. The plan says 1.75” from LE, but in the build video they say 1” from LE. What is the correct CG for the FT Master Series P47 Razorback. The AUW is 950gms.
I do apologize as i do not remeber the exact CG and i am away at school so i am unable to measure it. However, i tried to build it around the CG marking on the plans themselves. Even with the radial, hub, and electronics pushed forward, we still needed to add a bit of weight to the front of the plane in order for it to balance properly. The plane is still slightly tail heavy, however it is just barely. I hope all goes Well!

vtelikicherla

That’s great so if it’s as per the plan then it’s approx 1.75” from LE. I do need add some weight up front to get it balance at this point. That’s why I was concerned if I had to balance with CG at 1” I would need to add substantial weight up front.

I shall post an update once I have the maiden flight.

ZOHIO

That’s great so if it’s as per the plan then it’s approx 1.75” from LE. I do need add some weight up front to get it balance at this point. That’s why I was concerned if I had to balance with CG at 1” I would need to add substantial weight up front.

I shall post an update once I have the maiden flight.
Looking Forward to it!

Parramon

So we took the P47 out yesterday for it’s remaiden. The plane still flew amazing! We did notice a very slight rattling during the flight and upon further inspection we noticed that the mock radial had actually came loose and was making slight contact with the motor. The planes performance was not affected due to this but it is definitely a problem that needs fixed. The most incredible part of the flight.... the bombs worked! The bomb rack and mechanism worked flawlessly! We will try to get out again here soon to get some better video and possibly try to get the drop on video.
View attachment 173196 View attachment 173197 View attachment 173198
Wonderfull silver finish!!. Congratulations.

vtelikicherla

Looking Forward to it!
Thanks for the steer on the CG. Had a successful maiden flight. The specs that I had on the plane were: FT Radial 1070 motor, 40amp ESC, 3S 3200mah battery and a 10 X 5 Prop.

Here is a link of the maidenflight.
(apologies for the few parts that are out of focus, blame it on a white plane with white clouds)

Really happy with the way the plane flew and as my 1st master series build quite proud of the end result.

Now going to spend sometime painting the plane.

vtelikicherla

Thanks for the steer on the CG. Had a successful maiden flight. The specs that I had on the plane were: FT Radial 1070 motor, 40amp ESC, 3S 3200mah battery and a 10 X 5 Prop.

Here is a link of the maidenflight.
(apologies for the few parts that are out of focus, blame it on a white plane with white clouds)

Link for the landing.

Really happy with the way the plane flew and as my 1st master series build quite proud of the end result.

Now going to spend sometime painting the plane.

vtelikicherla

That flew awesome!!
Thank you. It flew even better with a 4S battery.

A query, how do you guys normally capture the flight videos? I'm planning on getting an Action Camera such as a GoPro. Does that work for videotaping the flight? The video I uploaded was taken on a friends iPhone, so was a bit of a challenge.