Model Design

Buzz

I see Josh listed as the designer on some (all?) of the FT Mini series of planes. I would love to see a show that went into detail about how he approaches the design of a new model. Idea generation, software tools, prototyping, etc.

MiniacRC

NerdNic has created a series of youtube videos showing his approach.

http://www.nerdnic.com/blog/how-to-design-foam-airplanes-part-1

I watched it and then using inspiration from both sources (that and FT), I developed my own design method for my first original design using Autodesk Inventor.

So I guess it's a matter of personal taste and preferences when you choose software but I TOTALLY agree that FT should release videos discussing DFTB design techniques and software. Nice idea.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Josh has stated several times in video how he does his designs. Matter of fact he again went over the process on one of the recent podcasts. Alex also chimed in with what he was doing and how as well. as far as design / builds.

MiniacRC

Josh has stated several times in video how he does his designs. Matter of fact he again went over the process on one of the recent podcasts. Alex also chimed in with what he was doing and how as well. as far as design / builds.

Could you please direct us to those videos and the podcast you are referring to? Thank you very much.