monitor housing

F16V1PER

F16V1PER
Hello, I am having difficulty on making a housing for my FPV monitor. I have already tried to make a few and they just don't work very well. So if anyone has suggestions, pictures, videos links, ect. post them here.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
A monitor housing always should be really dark!

That means just get 4 pieces of wood. Glue them together to a box (of course with the right dimensions to fit the screen exactly and also only the screen so that no light can get through except the light of the screen it self.

Then paint the box completely in a black color and mount it back on the screen.

What did you try to do up to now?

F16V1PER

F16V1PER
i used a shoe box. It did work ok but it wasn't deep enough and i would have to look at it through a hole and it wasn't that comfortable.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
just make it deeper than and leave away the hole.

It will be just fine if you have a deep enough box. Try it again with two shoeboxes added together.

You said it is for FPV. Do you mean that you fly full FPV only by looking at the screen or do look at the itself most of the time?

The investion into fatsharks might be worth a thought because those are comfortable :)

F16V1PER

F16V1PER
Yes I do fly full FPV. I would buy fatshark goggles if they weren't so expensive. Know of any good cheap goggles?

F16V1PER

F16V1PER
Here is a new housing that I made today, works great, I covered it with duct tape. This reflects the light from the sun and completely dark inside.
SAM_0295.jpg
Inside look:
SAM_0296.jpg

scottavey

I use a material called "coroplast" or corrugated plastic. They use them to make yard signs. Any sign shop has it in abundance. We use the stuff like crazy at the church i work at for set design. Its waterproof, super light weight, really easy to cut or machine and pretty sturdy. A 4x8 sheet of it costs me $10 at the sign shop. they can usually order different colors as well. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I saw some of the FPV gear on flitetest fixed to the stuff.

Hello, I am having difficulty on making a housing for my FPV monitor. I have already tried to make a few and they just don't work very well. So if anyone has suggestions, pictures, videos links, ect. post them here.