Monster sized foamboard, which FT planes are you going to scale up first?

BS projects inc.

Elite member
I personally think that these monster sized kits are the best idea the guys at flite test have had ever since they starting making dtfb planes! For the next few months I am going to be a bit conservative with my spending to save up for two of these power pods and build a giant guinea pig! What about you guys? What do you plan on making?

jaredstrees

Man I wish. I have no where to fly a plane that size. I'd probably pick the corsair that is coming out, but a giant stick would also be pretty cool.

Brett_N

Fly it? Hell I don't have a car big enough to move any of them. Including my expedition.

I know the FT guys think it's so fun and cool to build these giant and weird things, but let's see some new planes.

Realistically sized Planes.

Not all of us have a golf course out the back window to fly from.

BS projects inc.

Elite member
Fly it? Hell I don't have a car big enough to move any of them. Including my expedition.

I know the FT guys think it's so fun and cool to build these giant and weird things, but let's see some new planes.

Realistically sized Planes.

Not all of us have a golf course out the back window to fly from.
Very true, I am in a fortunate situation where 20ft from my shop I have a field to fly over

vhandon

If I was going to pick one of the FT planes to scale up it would have to be the scout. It is one of the best flying FT planes and it would only get better scaled up.

w1lp33

I'm thinking probably the spitfire. I've already made a mighty mini size and a regular size, and they all fly great. So a monster size should be a simple build and a great flyer. And also look badass in the air.

Don't know if I have big enough rubber bands for the removable wings tho... :)

Hyper46havoc

What size/kv motor will these giants run on? Also what prop sizes and batteries?also esc as asked the rest say for a 200% spitfire. Cheers all

Seahunter

I personally think that these monster sized kits are the best idea the guys at flite test have had ever since they starting making dtfb planes! For the next few months I am going to be a bit conservative with my spending to save up for two of these power pods and build a giant guinea pig! What about you guys? What do you plan on making?
Gotta cast my vote for the Guinea Pig or the Scout, both reliable and excellent performers.

Headbang

Master member
Do we have any idea the dimensions of the monster foam board? Building a new needle cutter, would love to accommodate the size of a full sheet for future.

Fidget

Do we have any idea the dimensions of the monster foam board? Building a new needle cutter, would love to accommodate the size of a full sheet for future.

My understanding is that they'll still be 20x30 inches. But about 185% the thickness of the 3/16" stuff.