Monthly free Glider event in San Diego

Nitro Blast

On the 3rd Saturday of every month we have what we call the San Diego Electroglide.
A LMR (Limited Motor Run) event started around the Radian (but any glider can play)

20 seconds of motor run, to a 10 minute glide, to a spot landing for points.

Its always fun, and always free. We have a dozen or so of regulars, but folks come and go all the time.

attachment.php

Check us out at: http://www.sefsd.org/

And if you are ever in the area and want to join in, hit me up!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
This looks like lots of fun!

Nitro, you've really stepped up the posting level around here, thanks for sharing.

Do they have any youth events at this club, getting new people excited about the hobby?

It seems to be a rather active club.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
We don't have anything like this in the UK
RC does not seem so popular as you have it in the states I have only found one flying club in the south and its miles away
what your doing looks great fun

Nitro Blast

This looks like lots of fun!

Nitro, you've really stepped up the posting level around here, thanks for sharing.

Do they have any youth events at this club, getting new people excited about the hobby?

It seems to be a rather active club.

Slightly off topic, but oh yeah, as a matter of fact, we are starting a new program with the Civil Air Patrol. CAP cadets will become AMA members and many in our club (myself included) are stepping up to be mentor/instructors for them. AMA membership and club membership is going to be free. We are going to use club funds to purchase a fleet of trainers of various types, and each mentor will have a plane assigned to them to maintain readiness and flight worthiness. This CAP program is designed to infuse 25,000 new youth members into the AMA. I call that a win-win.

Our club has several montly events, check out our website at www.sefsd.org