Most Recent Accident!

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
Ouch! That was the beginning. I had just bought myself a new brush-less motor and so i was rather excited, but i realized that the motor's speed control had the wrong plug for the battery so i decided to DIY the correct plug on. I took my hobby knife(you know those things are extremely sharp!) and i was cutting the wire with it(i didn't want to get scissors from the garage cause it is 10pm and im rather lazy), and while i was cutting(13min ago) i slipped and hit between my nail and finger and now have a bleeding finger.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Ouch! That was the beginning. I had just bought myself a new brush-less motor and so i was rather excited, but i realized that the motor's speed control had the wrong plug for the battery so i decided to DIY the correct plug on. I took my hobby knife(you know those things are extremely sharp!) and i was cutting the wire with it(i didn't want to get scissors from the garage cause it is 10pm and im rather lazy), and while i was cutting(13min ago) i slipped and hit between my nail and finger and now have a bleeding finger.

Once while building a model house for a school project I was using one of those with a metal ruler. I was working quite fast, but then on one cut I put my left index finger in the path of the knife and made a slice in it next to the nail. One thing I can say is that it bled a lot but didn't hurt that much. Under the nail it hurts much more.

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
Once while building a model house for a school project I was using one of those with a metal ruler. I was working quite fast, but then on one cut I put my left index finger in the path of the knife and made a slice in it next to the nail. One thing I can say is that it bled a lot but didn't hurt that much. Under the nail it hurts much more.
Oooo! When i start bleeding i suck the blood because then the iron in your blood gets clogged at the opening and it heals faster.

PaulT

Mentor
Oooo! When i start bleeding i suck the blood because then the iron in your blood gets clogged at the opening and it heals faster.
In all my years of Para-medicine, I have yet to see that advice given in any medical class.
This will change how I treat my patients from now on.
:p

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
Medical grade CA is used in surgery a lot these days.

Thurmond

I was actually able to get a couple small tubes of the medical grade stuff from a doctor friend. I keep them in my first aid kits for hiking and biking in case of deep cuts way out in the backwoods. Another good item for first aid kits are maxi pads. They are designed to absorb a lot of blood and are sterile and self adhesive.

Of course I expect some weird looks when people see me with one stuck to my arm or leg.

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
I got the maxi pad idea from a mountain bike book. They are great for gravel rash on legs when you wipe out. There are probably better designed dressings but Maxie's are cheap and easily available

earthsciteach

Actually, there is really no difference between "medical" CA and plain old CA. I've "stitched" myself up with CA and have had an ER doc do the same. No difference, painless, works.

con244

I got the maxi pad idea from a mountain bike book. They are great for gravel rash on legs when you wipe out. There are probably better designed dressings but Maxie's are cheap and easily available
Mike when I used to scuba dive we used to keep those in the first aid keep to use in case of stings from sting rays. They don't actually sting but stab and slash. People have died from blood loss after being stung by one.
Con

treadd

Uber N00b
Damn internet!! This innocent thread reminded me of something I had heard a long time ago, that super glue was originally invented to close open wounds in combat. So now reading this, I have to wikipedia super glue.

(OK, back from reading) While not originally designed for medical purposes, there are a lot of other interesting things about CA glue. Time to nerd out on wikipedia!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_glue