Motor and Propeller for Mini Scout build

SidneyKi

Hello,

I am thinking about building the mini scout. I have a couple of questions if the motor or propeller will work with this build I currently have.

Donkey ST2204 1700kv with a 10a donkey esc from hobby king.
7 inch propeller - EP-7035
Admiral 2S 7.v 1000mah 30c battery

How to tell if the propeller will not over work the motor or burn out the esc?

Thank You

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
What pitch is the prop? The diameter is not at all enough to tell how much amperage it will make the motor draw from the ESC. Also, the hobbyking power combo (ST2204 1700kv, and a 10A esc) prop test data says that a 7x35 prop will only draw around 8-9 amps. This means, that you have plenty of "safe range" on your ESC. Drawing less amperage than your ESC is rated for is not a problem, and will only make the ESC not get as hot, if it even gets warm at all.

This setup will work perfectly, but it might not be powerful enough, or to powerful for the plane you choose to put it on.

:)

mjmccarron

Assuming a 7 x 3.5 as indicated by the part number you should be in the 4.5 - 6A range with a 2S. Your 10A ESC should be ok. Always best to verify with a wattmeter.

Mike

ViperTech

Hello,

I am thinking about building the mini scout. I have a couple of questions if the motor or propeller will work with this build I currently have.

Donkey ST2204 1700kv with a 10a donkey esc from hobby king.
7 inch propeller - EP-7035
Admiral 2S 7.v 1000mah 30c battery

How to tell if the propeller will not over work the motor or burn out the esc?

Thank You

That prop will be fine on that motor, I run the ST-2204 donkey with a 8x4 slow fly prop with no problem on my 1 sheeter Bush Beater with a 3s battery and also ran that set up on my full size Old Speedster.
One area of concern will be mounting the donkey on the mini fire wall, the donkey motor mount is wide and it will be a issue, may have to create your own fire wall to use it, which is what I did with mine using a BL-2204/14 pancake motor and a 7x3 prop. I use the mini pod for a guide for thrust angle and recessed the edge of the cowling to accomadate my larger fire wall.

View attachment 34476
View attachment 34477