Motor Beeping every 0.25sec even though throttle is all the way down

x_turano

Hi i have a Taranis QX7 with a FrSky X8R receiver with a 20Amp skywalker esc, and when i turn it on it beeps every 0.25 seconds iv tried putting the throttle all the way down i tried calibrating it but what ever position the throttle is in it just beeps the same. i bought another esc and still the same issue and i really don't want to buy another receiver unless i know its gonna work. any help would be amazing im new and I would love to get into the hobby but just keep running into issues

Bricks

Master member
Hi i have a Taranis QX7 with a FrSky X8R receiver with a 20Amp skywalker esc, and when i turn it on it beeps every 0.25 seconds iv tried putting the throttle all the way down i tried calibrating it but what ever position the throttle is in it just beeps the same. i bought another esc and still the same issue and i really don't want to buy another receiver unless i know its gonna work. any help would be amazing im new and I would love to get into the hobby but just keep running into issues

That sounds like a binding issue.

quorneng

Master member
A continuous beep is almost certainly the ESC telling you it doesn't "understand" the throttle signal it is getting.
If it gets no signal then the ESC is quiet apart from an occasional beep just to let you know it is live.
Simple things could be:
Is the ESC plugged into the Rx throttle channel?
Is the ESC plug upside down in the Rx?
I have done both of these in the past.

x_turano

A continuous beep is almost certainly the ESC telling you it doesn't "understand" the throttle signal it is getting.
If it gets no signal then the ESC is quiet apart from an occasional beep just to let you know it is live.
Simple things could be:
Is the ESC plugged into the Rx throttle channel?
Is the ESC plug upside down in the Rx?
I have done both of these in the past.

I checked i was in channel 1 and the the signal wire is in the right orientation but unfortunately no luck but thank you

x_turano

That sounds like a binding issue.

thank you for your reply, i don't know if this helps but im using the conventional channel outputs CH1-CH8 and I paired the receiver in D16 mode and when i try and pair in D8 mode it just shows solid red and green lights. also when it was paired it was showing a solid green light instead of flashing green like that manual said

x_turano

thank you for your reply, i don't know if this helps but im using the conventional channel outputs CH1-CH8 and I paired the receiver in D16 mode and when i try and pair in D8 mode it just shows solid red and green lights. also when it was paired it was showing a solid green light instead of flashing green like that manual said
okay so i think the issue is my receiver is the X8R ACCST D16 2.1.X in that case would that mean it doesn't support D8

x_turano

Here is a video that may help

Hi Merv, It seems i have bought the wrong receiver for my application. My Taranis QX7 is not compatible with the X8R which is why i had to buy a XJT module which is only compatible with x8r in D16 mode which in that case i would have to use SBUS but im using one single esc connected to the conventional channels so its not compatible. but thank you for everyones help and fast response time i will be selling the XR8 receiver for 25 dollars on eBay if anyone wants it or if anyone of you guys want it ill give it to you for free ill even cover shipping

danskis

Master member
@x_turano - realizing you've already spent a lot of money, you might consider a Jumper multi module instead of the XJT module. It plugs into the same place as the XJT module. The jumper module can use almost any receiver, including the Flysky, Radiomaster and Turnigy $18 receivers which are easy to bind and very reliable.

Do you have the T or S version of the QX7?

Last edited:

x_turano

@x_turano - realizing you've already spent a lot of money, you might consider a Jumper multi module instead of the XJT module. It plugs into the same place as the XJT module. The jumper module can use almost any receiver, including the Flysky, Radiomaster and Turnigy $18 receivers which are easy to bind and very reliable.

Do you have the T or S version of the QX7?

okay cool thats what im after thank you for that, and I believe i have the s version

danskis

Master member
@x-turano - well that might not be the best advice value wise. From experience I bought a cheap multi module and it didn't work. I would only by a multi module from a reputable (online) shop. Right now it looks like all the Jumpers are out of stock. Plus the price is pretty high - $50. For not much more you can get a Radio Master TX12 (also out of stock everywhere) that will also use all those inexpensive receivers ($90).