Motor chirps, servos work, but no throttle

jross

The 12 amp ESC from my A power pack died after two sessions. There is no warranty on Flite Test power packs from Flite Test. If components fail, you have to contact the manufacturer directly. Says so on the bottom of my invoice. This always bothers me. If you sell something, you should stand behind it and use your clout as a bulk/wholesale buyer to keep your customers happy. Don't send every customer somewhere else to get the runaround. Good customer service/policy builds brand loyalty which is important when you can always find something elsewhere for cheaper.

Last edited:

Headbang

Master member
My 12 amp servo from my A power pack died after two sessions. There is no warranty on Flite Test power packs from Flite Test. If components fail, you have to contact the manufacturer directly. Says so on the bottom of my invoice. This always bothers me. If you sell something, you should stand behind it and use your clout as a bulk/wholesale buyer to keep your customers happy. Don't send every customer somewhere else to get the runaround.
I own a company that sells various electronics. Over the years the manufacturers have made a habit of refusing to deal with us for warranty, so either we have to do the rma as if we were the client, or replace hardware out of our pocket. It sucks for us, as we can not provide the service we would like to our customers. It seems every industry is going the same way. I would guess Flite Test does not have a leg to stand on when it comes to warranty, they are at the mercy of the manufacturers unless they were to do it out of their pocket, which would mean having to charge more to cover the expense.

jross

I own a company that sells various electronics. Over the years the manufacturers have made a habit of refusing to deal with us for warranty, so either we have to do the rma as if we were the client, or replace hardware out of our pocket. It sucks for us, as we can not provide the service we would like to our customers. It seems every industry is going the same way. I would guess Flite Test does not have a leg to stand on when it comes to warranty, they are at the mercy of the manufacturers unless they were to do it out of their pocket, which would mean having to charge more to cover the expense.
I own an IT company that sells network/computer gear as part of our service. I buy direct from manufacturers in most cases and as the end seller of these products, I deal with the warranties. I just bought a $700 cast manifold for my skid steer. Showed up cracked. Called the company I purchased it from and another is on the way, no charge for the part or shipping.

So while things vary, I take your point. Anything manufacturers can do to slow/stop/avoid warranty issues benefits them. They know not everyone files a warranty claim.

If I'm not willing to stand behind a product, I won't sell it. As a buyer, I'd rather pay more to eliminate the hassle. My customers feel the same. One stop shopping. Keep folks coming back.

Headbang

Master member
I own an IT company that sells network/computer gear as part of our service. I buy direct from manufacturers in most cases and as the end seller of these products, I deal with the warranties. I just bought a $700 cast manifold for my skid steer. Showed up cracked. Called the company I purchased it from and another is on the way, no charge for the part or shipping.

So while things vary, I take your point. Anything manufacturers can do to slow/stop/avoid warranty issues benefits them. They know not everyone files a warranty claim.

If I'm not willing to stand behind a product, I won't sell it. As a buyer, I'd rather pay more to eliminate the hassle. My customers feel the same. One stop shopping. Keep folks coming back.
I shut down my IT company 18months ago. In the end I was so frustrated with manufacturers I had just had a enough.