Motor Kv

Wildthing

Legendary member
They really don't give any specs on the motor for watts or even different recommended power setups so hard to say.
But just a prop and motor is only a small portion of putting together a power setup. Size and weight of plane, speed or slow flyer, size of esc, what batteries do you plan on running and so on.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I did not see any prop recommendation from the manufacturer, I have no idea if this motor will work with a 18x8 prop.

In general large props turning slowly are more efficient than small props turning fast. That is they will produce more thrust per watt.

They really don't give any specs on the motor for watts or even different recommended power setups so hard to say.
But just a prop and motor is only a small portion of putting together a power setup. Size and weight of plane, speed or slow flyer, size of esc, what batteries do you plan on running and so on.

Slow flying glider with solar panels to charge the lipo. This is the lipo i will be using https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/1415017106...MIm46u5NTN5gIVRLTtCh3JywliEAQYASABEgIw4PD_BwE

skymaster

Elite member
maybe you should look at a motor that has a gearbox . A small plastic gearbox between the motor and propeller reduces the output speed and increases the torque of the propeller shaft. This allows the airplane to use a larger propeller that produces more torque.