motor mounts

mitchh101

I was just wondering how Josh mounts a motor with a rotating bottom half onto a a mount that connects to the bottom of the motor. Just wondering in case i would like to build a Cruiser later.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Do you have a picture of what you're talking about? I can't imagine the situation you've presented.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I'm a little confused by the rotating bottom part. Are you talking about having the shaft go through the bottom mount? Most motors come with a plus shaped mount that bolts onto the bottom of the motor. The shaft may stick out either end as long as you leave room for the shaft to stick through the mount. If you have the wires on the other end, you could mount the motor on the inside of the mount and have the shaft sticking through the firewall to the outside. Do you have any links to a motor like you're talking about?

mitchh101

NTM2826-1200.jpg

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=26820&aff=247441

See how the bottom of the motor (part without wires) is the rotating part? They mount the part that rotates onto a firewall. How does that work?

mitchh101

How did you mount the spinner on the other end?? Is there an adapter of some sort you can use. Can you send me the link?