Motor not spinning correctly and esc beeps at me

This is my first scratch build as well as installation of motor and esc. I’m currently building the mini mustang and am at the point where I install the electronics. After binding I tested the motor and it doesn’t spin correctly and beeps at me. I could be doing something wrong I don’t know as I’m new to these things. I left the hobby a few years ago and am returning.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
One of my fiends who I was flying with this PM, had this exact problem. It turned out his Rx was not bound. Once his Rx bound, the problem was solved.

If your servos respond, then your Rx is bound. If they don’t move, your not bound.

One of my fiends who I was flying with this PM, had this exact problem. It turned out his Rx was not bound. Once his Rx bound, the problem was solved.

If your servos respond, then your Rx is bound. If they don’t move, your not bound.
Yeah it’s bound. Servos work

BradDH

No it doesn’t spin fully and it sounds like it getting caught or it’s slipping. It sounds bad
Maybe check the windings of the motor? if any of them are black it means that your motor is shot. that is kinda what is sounds like if your motor goes bad.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
There are several possibilities, gently tug on each of the bullet connectors. Sometimes the wire will break under the heat shrink. We are looking for a broken wire anywhere between the ESC & motor.

Any short between the 3 wires, sometimes where the wires enter the motor, sometimes the heat shrink doesn’t cover completely the bullet connectors.

A bad ESC or motor can also behave this way. Try switching components.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
is your motor mounted on an X plate motor mount or bolted directly to the firewall....if no x plate motor mount, maybe you are binding against the motors bearing, shaft or C clip................. here is a used motor mount and esc I bought off ebay cheap ....its directly mounted to the firewall and the C clip touches the firewall at one point when you spin it but back off the screws and it spins great
not a great closeup but you get the idea

Attachments

• FHD0003.JPG
    FHD0003.JPG
    445.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
here is the x mount I was referring to that will ensure your not binding on the motor bearing etc ....or in the above configuration re drill the center hole bigger so the rotating motor parts are not coming in contact with the firewall

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 0
is your motor mounted on an X plate motor mount or bolted directly to the firewall....if no x plate motor mount, maybe you are binding against the motors bearing, shaft or C clip................. here is a used motor mount and esc I bought off ebay cheap ....its directly mounted to the firewall and the C clip touches the firewall at one point when you spin it but back off the screws and it spins great
not a great closeup but you get the idea
I removed it from the firewall and am still having the issue
here is the x mount I was referring to that will ensure your not binding on the motor bearing etc ....or in the above configuration re drill the center hole bigger so the rotating motor parts are not coming in contact with the firewall
i need to get one of those