Motor not spinning?

Fishbonez

Recheck your solder connections. I am a lousy solderer and this has happened to me more times than I can count :black_eyed:

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Agree with Fish.
It seems that you only have 2 of 3 windings connected.
It might also be in the controller if you did not cut of the throttle fast enough when "landing" - then you will probalby find the shrink tube melted - not so easy to repair :-(.

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
If the ESC still beeps on start up then it should still have all 3 wires connected. You might have dislodged a magnet

Carbon

Elemental Madness
stuff still beeps and the solder connections are ok. How do I find and fix a faulty magnet?

spleenmuffin

A friend of mine dislodged a magnet in one of his brushless 4x4s, not having a spare motor on hand and figuring he had nothing to lose he CA glued it back in place. Amazingly it worked fine though he still replaced it before the next outing. Even so, I totally would not recommend doing this.

At $8.53 you're really best off just buying a new one unless you want something to work on. Are you sure the connections are all ok? It really does sound like a faulty connection to me, the motor will just jitter from side to side and never make a full rotation.

Can you turn the motor by hand? If a magnet has dislodged it will likely jam everything up and you wont be able to. Not sure where you go from there but at least you will know where the problem is.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
well guys, guess I'm getting a new one. It started pouring out thick,white smoke!!@! so I'm just going to get a new one. Any ideas on a different 2cell motor for a funbat?

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Well, if a magnet is dislodged you just take the bell off and wiggle them all to test if any are loose then epoxy them back in place. I've done it on a few and, even though a new motor is just $8, I still prefer fixing a motor than waiting 2 weeks for a new one :p

However if it's gone up in smoke you have no choice lol

Bollie

Anyone know how to get the smoke back in, a few of my motors stopped working when the smoke came out, I figure if I can just get it back in there I could get them working again :p

earthsciteach

Anyone know how to get the smoke back in, a few of my motors stopped working when the smoke came out, I figure if I can just get it back in there I could get them working again :p

The only way to get that smoke back into the motor is to rewind it! :rolleyes:

Fishbonez

Now thats funny dont care what anyone says that is plane funny

jd7792

Bollie,
I am a fellow Sandgroper, Coogee, just south of Freo. I'll drop you a PM.
Regards
jd7792

treadd

Uber N00b

I have a team of scientists working on the 'Lazerus MSCD' (Magic Smoke Capture Device), which will allow you to contain the magic smoke that is sometimes emitted from electronics. Everyone knows that when the magic smoke escapes, the device is rendered inoperable. However, the second part of the process involves a complex system of tubes, (very similar to the internet) that will, magically of course, re-introduce the smoke back into the dead part, rendering it fully operational. Sadly, development wont be completed for a few more years, and according to current projections will cost $789 million dollars. ;)

Bollie

I have a team of scientists working on the 'Lazerus MSCD' (Magic Smoke Capture Device), which will allow you to contain the magic smoke that is sometimes emitted from electronics. Everyone knows that when the magic smoke escapes, the device is rendered inoperable. However, the second part of the process involves a complex system of tubes, (very similar to the internet) that will, magically of course, re-introduce the smoke back into the dead part, rendering it fully operational. Sadly, development wont be completed for a few more years, and according to current projections will cost $789 million dollars. ;)

:D ROFL :D