Motor Not working.

Bo123

Elite member
I have an Ares Taylorcraft 130. I have been flying it around for a little while, but suddenly the motor stops working, and being weird (Shown in video.)
Does anyone know what is happening and how to fix it? And also, I have another transmitter thats not the stock one that I want to bind with the plane, because I am more comfortable with it, does anyone know how to do this?

leaded50

Legendary member
check all your connection from battery to motor. (demount and put together again) if dont help, try with another esc. Ive seen similar, and been either bad connections in one of the motor to esc wire connectors, or the batteryplug from ESC.

Bo123

Elite member
Its a brushed plane.
check all your connection from battery to motor. (demount and put together again) if dont help, try with another esc. Ive seen similar, and been either bad connections in one of the motor to esc wire connectors, or the batteryplug from ESC.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
It works sometimes, but most of the time it doesn't.

Most times when DC motors don't run correctly there is a build up of carbon on the brushes as they wear which will clean up easily with alcohol. Sometimes they wear crooked and get cocked inside the channel they sit in and don't make good contact. Finally check the stator for glazing over from the brushes arcing. lightly rubbing that off with 600 grit emery paper will clean it up nice n shiny.

Used to get the same reactions from my slot cars as a kid when they got to gummed up.

Bo123

Elite member
Ok so I need to disassemble the motor?
Most times when DC motors don't run correctly there is a build up of carbon on the brushes as they wear which will clean up easily with alcohol. Sometimes they wear crooked and get cocked inside the channel they sit in and don't make good contact. Finally check the stator for glazing over from the brushes arcing. lightly rubbing that off with 600 grit emery paper will clean it up nice n shiny.

Used to get the same reactions from my slot cars as a kid when they got to gummed up.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ok so I need to disassemble the motor?

That is up to you if you want to learn something new or attempt o diagnose the issue. As it stands you have to replace the motor right? Why not try to fix it if there are several simple fixes for a common problem. If you mess it up your not losing anything anyways in the condition its in now.

Bo123

Elite member
I shall try and disassemble it. Thanks for your help.
That is up to you if you want to learn something new or attempt o diagnose the issue. As it stands you have to replace the motor right? Why not try to fix it if there are several simple fixes for a common problem. If you mess it up your not losing anything anyways in the condition its in now.