Solved Motor not working!

agupt108

My 2300 kv motor only beeps once when arming up and does not spin when throttle input is given. It used to work until yesterday- giving one low beep and then the two higher and highest beep. Now it only beeps once and does not work. Thank you!

Bricks

Master member
Try and rebind the receiver it`s acting like it has no input signal from transmitter or throttle is too high failsafe. Did you calibrate the ESC? .

Foamforce

Also, if you can take a photo of your motor, ESC, battery, and receiver all hooked up, we might spot a connection issue. A video is even better. 👍

Off the top of my head though, is the ESC plugged into channel 3 on the receiver?

Bricks

Master member
Also, if you can take a photo of your motor, ESC, battery, and receiver all hooked up, we might spot a connection issue. A video is even better. 👍

Off the top of my head though, is the ESC plugged into channel 3 on the receiver?

This depends on the protocol he is using.

agupt108

Yes give me around 20 minutes thank you for your help. It is plugged into channel 1 in the AR4CH10. It was working in the port as the throttle.

agupt108

Try and rebind the receiver it`s acting like it has no input signal from transmitter or throttle is too high failsafe. Did you calibrate the ESC? .
Also I should have given this info but all the control surfaces are moving

agupt108

Here is a photo let me figure out how to upload a video

Attachments

• IMG_6544.pdf
    23.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6545.pdf
    21.6 MB · Views: 0

skymaster

Elite member
done. it made a few beeps and then it started running! thank you so much! Do you think the screws were too long and were obstructing the coils?
yes we all do that once in a while. if you are using a wood firewall the screw tends to dig into the wood, use some washer if you can. Have fun

quorneng

Master member
agupt108
Just be aware that on a typical brushless motor the windings do not rotate so screws that are too long will not interfere with the motor rotation but if they damage the varnish insulation on the wire it will create a short circuit that will completely upset the ESC when it tries to start the motor.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...Do you think the screws were too long and were obstructing the coils?
I agree quorneng, the screws were too long and shorted out.

It always a good practice to visually look at the screws to see if they touch the wires inside the motor.

Bricks

Master member
I agree quorneng, the screws were too long and shorted out.

It always a good practice to visually look at the screws to see if they touch the wires inside the motor.

That is why I only use X mounts never a problem.