Solved Motor problems

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Hey guys, Pilot Blocker Here, I've been having power system issues with my new home built fpv airplane. The motor is an emax 2204 2300kv with a 20a race quad esc and a 3s 800 powering it. It seems to have a timing issue at full throttle and on start up. I've been switching motors all day to no effect. When I increase the throttle slowly it stutters until I give it a burst of power then, it starts producing thrust. Additionally when at or near full throttle the motor loses power and starts stuttering again. I measured the amperage and it's only pulling 10a so it's under the amp limit. NEED HELP!
IMG_20200927_160359886.jpg
IMG_20200927_160410774.jpg

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Hey guys, Pilot Blocker Here, I've been having power system issues with my new home built fpv airplane. The motor is an emax 2204 2300kv with a 20a race quad esc and a 3s 800 powering it. It seems to have a timing issue at full throttle and on start up. I've been switching motors all day to no effect. When I increase the throttle slowly it stutters until I give it a burst of power then, it starts producing thrust. Additionally when at or near full throttle the motor loses power and starts stuttering again. I measured the amperage and it's only pulling 10a so it's under the amp limit. NEED HELP! View attachment 180183 View attachment 180184
That's usually an ESC timing issue. I'd try another one if you got one.;)