• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved Motor Prop Question

speedbirdted

I'm pretty sure that would be way underpropped but yeah it would work without blowing anything up. Given the b pack I think comes with 9x4 props for also a 2212 motor it should also be more than capable of handling it.

Zetoyoc

Can a multistar 2212-920 motor work with a 6x4 prop? Can a FT B pack motor with a 6x4 prop?
I am going to say yes. I haven't put my ft b radial on my test stand yet but it flies on my scout just fine with an 8x4.5 sf prop. I haven't tried it so no numbers or even experience. But it shouldn't hurt it . Just lower thrust and amps used than it is capable of. I have been meaning to pull the motor out of the plane and do some thrust tests on it. Maybe I'll do that soon.

My 2205 motor uses a 6x3 prop and loves it.

mayan

My goal is to get more thrust than an F pack would and carry a 6x4 prop so the setup can go into my over repaired heavy Goblin :).

skymaster

it will work but you are not going to get the same thrust as a bigger prop. the smaller the kv the more torque you have. it's like putting a v8 on a beattle bw and going no where cause you'r tires will be spining . and if were the opposite big prop 2212/6 2200kv and a 10x4 prop, small engine and moster tires once you punch it kaboom goes your motor.

The Hangar

it will work but you are not going to get the same thrust as a bigger prop. the smaller the kv the more torque you have. it's like putting a v8 on a beattle bw and going no where cause you'r tires will be spining . and if were the opposite big prop 2212/6 2200kv and a 10x4 prop, small engine and moster tires once you punch it kaboom goes your motor.
Great way of putting it. I fly my b pack off a 10 inch prop all the time.

Zetoyoc

My goal is to get more thrust than an F pack would and carry a 6x4 prop so the setup can go into my over repaired heavy Goblin :).
how much thrust are you looking for? My f sized equivilant motor from hobby king a v-spec 2205 2350kv motor tested really well. the motor likes low pitch a 5x5 performed much worse than a 5x3. surprizig ly a 6x3 was great. and even a 6x4.5x3 was good though i needed a bigger esc for the 3s with it

2s battery
6x3 -- 280g --@-- 9.7a
6x4.5x3 -- 420g-- @-- 15a

3s batery
6x3 -- 527g --@ --15.7a
6x4.7x3 -- 724g-- @-- 25a

here is a link to the motor if interested. it claims 3s to 4s and 420w.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/2205-2350kv-ccw-v-spec-mongoose.html

Last edited:

mayan

how much thrust are you looking for? My f sized equivilant motor from hobby king a v-spec 2205 2350kv motor tested really well. the motor likes low pitch a 5x5 performed much worse than a 5x3. surprizig ly a 6x3 was great. and even a 6x4.5x3 was good though i needed a bigger esc for the 3s with it

2s battery
6x3 -- 280g --@-- 9.7a
6x4.5x3 -- 420g-- @-- 15a

3s batery
6x3 -- 527g --@ --15.7a
6x4.7x3 -- 724g-- @-- 25a

here is a link to the motor if interested. it claims 3s to 4s and 420w.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/2205-2350kv-ccw-v-spec-mongoose.html
Just enough to push my overly repaired Goblin through the air. But funny as it is I actually still have it flying, that bird just refuses to die no mater how many crashes it has :).