• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Motor reversed after changing battery

Mode 1

Hi All,

I've had this happen a few times, most recently yesterday. After changing the battery on my plane and getting ready to re-launch, my motor is spinning the wrong way. Nothing else has changed. Does anyone happen to have any idea's why this happens from time to time?

Many thanks!

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Many ESC's allow you to reverse direction in the firmware, it's possible that this setting isn't saving properly or switching on it's own due to some glitch. Otherwise, I would look at your flying buddies to see who is reversing your motor wires when you aren't looking ;)

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Many ESC's allow you to reverse direction in the firmware, it's possible that this setting isn't saving properly or switching on it's own due to some glitch. Otherwise, I would look at your flying buddies to see who is reversing your motor wires when you aren't looking ;)
I'm going to side with Sean on this one. Possible faulty ESC? I've got a funky Castle ESC in one of my planes, and I don't like it. Thing has had issues for me, and I'm to the point of not trusting it at all. I think, if I can, I'm going to try to pick up some more Emax 30A ESCs at the AMA Expo West in Nov...I know other people have said that they don't like them, but I haven't ever had issue with them doing things like changing direction...