Motor Suggestions

Mode 1

Happy Tuesday, Everyone.

I'm looking for some motor suggestions for the FT Mini's and am wondering if you guys have come across some good, reliable, engines at a decent price. I've been using the Lumenier 1806 -13 2500 kv which usually cost around $14. They seem to work well but do not come with a mount.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dante

The emax 1806-2280kv are ok, but currently only one of my 3 work (the others just twitch back and forth on the same esc). I've even tried resoldering the bullet connectors on all of them with no change. They also have no mount and you screw right into the motor. That is what came with the A pack.

jaredstrees

I tend to use the emaxx 2206 motors. These won't come with a mounting plate either, but the come with small bolts that will allow you to attach it to the firewall.

BS projects inc.

Elite member
The emax 1806-2280kv are ok, but currently only one of my 3 work (the others just twitch back and forth on the same esc). I've even tried resoldering the bullet connectors on all of them with no change. They also have no mount and you screw right into the motor. That is what came with the A pack.
it is possible you screwed into the threads on the motor. I did the same to some emax 2205 motors

kdobson83

Sounds like your esc is bad. I got a bad emax esc that did this same thing after about 2 flights. Put a new esc in it, same connectors, and it works perfect.

kdobson83

Happy Tuesday, Everyone.

I'm looking for some motor suggestions for the FT Mini's and am wondering if you guys have come across some good, reliable, engines at a decent price. I've been using the Lumenier 1806 -13 2500 kv which usually cost around $14. They seem to work well but do not come with a mount.

Thanks for your feedback.
Most of your quad style motors won't have mounts as they are designed to screw directly to the frame. Just screw it directly to the firewalls. As for suggestions, tryout the racerstar motors. I have 1806 and 2205 racerstar motors and I love em. Half the price of emax motors but still perform. Haven't had an issue with any racerstar product I've had.