Motor that's TO STRONG!?

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
LOL here is a vid of I think my 3rd flight(today) were my plane sorta breaks and crashes.

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Give it some carbon or strengthening. It's impossible to have too much power:D I had one do the same though. Had it on full throttle ready to launch when the front of the plane ripped off and flew off while I was still holding the fus in my hand:eek:

SkySlayer

Do you have some post crash pics of the damage, that's a pretty impressive failure.

Here they are(and also by my albums)
Picture 023.jpg Picture 020.jpg Picture 021.jpg Picture 022.jpg

SkySlayer

Give it some carbon or strengthening. It's impossible to have too much power:D I had one do the same though. Had it on full throttle ready to launch when the front of the plane ripped off and flew off while I was still holding the fus in my hand:eek:
How should i strengthen it with carbon, like where do i place it?

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
On your close up pics is that a central carbon rod? Because I think as long as the motor mount is directly attached to that it should be ok. I usually have a thin piece of plywood cut out slightly bigger than the motor to use as the mount, then glue ~5mm balsa onto it and drill a whole the middle of the whole thing. Then you can epoxy the carbon rod into the hole of the wooden mount.

SkySlayer

On your close up pics is that a central carbon rod? Because I think as long as the motor mount is directly attached to that it should be ok. I usually have a thin piece of plywood cut out slightly bigger than the motor to use as the mount, then glue ~5mm balsa onto it and drill a whole the middle of the whole thing. Then you can epoxy the carbon rod into the hole of the wooden mount.
Ya it is and yes I have directly attached it there.

SkySlayer

I didn't do that, I just drilled a hole in my plastic and screwed a screw through the plastic and CARBON then reglued.

SkySlayer

It seems to be holding up, Iv'e flown it a couple of X and it hasn't come off so FingersX