Motorpowered Sailplane... darkside... something

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
CD,

It was a brain exercise once the problem was broached. I actually have a very simple system in mind. It will let you make quick adjustments on the flight line without tightening or loosening anything and it is not over engineered. I am not going to divulge. I will be home in a week with a plethora of ideas to proof and develop for expose a week later at FTFF. Just have to wait till then. Maybe I will even wait till after I claim the BW Combat Championship. muhahahahaha!!!

Be safe and have fun,
Tommy

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
CD,

I try not to forget that I was a Combat Engineer for a long while. Why use less demo when more would be so much fun?

Be safe and have fun,
Tommy

Doom

Ok, i get the many points and I am with you. I just spent an hour in the basement. What came out is a double firewall with a total of three screws and a few bolts. Will have to exchange them bolts for something lighter in the future, or more likely only use the front Firewall once I know the correct angle.

So what this basically is is the two horizontal screws fixing the motor and the top screw changin the angle. Please don´t make fund of my crapnopy, it was a fast shot:) and the plane is still in prototype status:) So, if you want to change the Angle, open the crapnopy (as long as it looks crappy I will call it crapnopy) losen the horizontal screws a little to take away the tention and then chenge the angle with the top screw. Pretty basic but working.

Also just did a little test throwing and with no servos in the back yet it glides pretty nice:)

Here is a few pictures (also one of the crapnopy... sorry...) Crapnopy.JPG Open.JPG Thrust angle Firewall.JPG Thrustangle Firewall 2.JPG

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Hm, isn't the motor mount secured, as in, doesn't it just fall over due to motor weight right now?

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
the front firewall his held to the second firewall by the bolts on the sides. The bolts at top and maybe bottom, adjust angle (up and down).

Be safe and have fun,
Tommy

Doom

hey stay-fun:) The motor mount is really rigid. The two screws that you can see looking from the frontside of the plane, are tighting the motor down to the second motormount, the back one. On that screws between the two motormounts are spacers. So with only the two scrws on the horizontal axis, the motor is really fixated. The upper screw that comes in from the backside just adjusts the angle of the motor. And the back mount is glued into the fuselage there is smal pieces of foamboard glued in the fuselage and the mount glued in between. So in the end a very easy setup that is really rigid and easy to handle.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Fly this thing brother! I am so eager to see your results. My popcorn is standing by and I am spending my free time lurking the forums.

Be safe and have fun,
Tommy

Doom

Hey guys,

sorry for the delay, I have so much work right now at my daytime job... whatever. I´ve flownd the thing and what can I say, I still have to dial in some expo and rates, but already, that thing glides like hell and it handles really well. I couldn´t film the flight since I was alone. And the rest of tht weekend was the crappiest weather ever. as soon as I can, I will upload some video here!Right now I am working on plans and maybe a build video. Is that something people are intrested in?

Doom

THIS PLANE FLIES AWESOME!!! Really, was out alone just know and did a little adjustments here and there. It can take a 2200 3cell and it still has an amazing glide slope. Still trying to find the right angle of the motor. Had to mix 8% of down elevator still. But when gliding it really shows some love:) Will put plans up pretty soon. And oh, also, as soon as I have somebody with me I will put some video online. I tried to film but... filming and flying? hahaha I am no woman with multitasking abilities:)

Doom

Woooohoooo! What a busy time... I am sure glad that I will be on vacation starting from thursday. What I achieved so far is a cleaner version of my glider. I changed some little things. One major change are the wingtips. I undercambered them (is that even a word?) since the wings dropped during almost every turn and made me loose height. One other thing is I made the wings detachable.

So some specs now:

Wingspan: 140 cm
Length: 86,5 cm
Weight incl. Lipo: ca 800g
Motor: NTM Prop Drive 28-26/A 1200 KV
Prop: 8x4,5 Aeronaut Folding Prop
ESC: Turnigy Red Brick 30A
Servos: Tower Pro 9g
Receiver: Spektrum AR6210
Lipo: Zippy Compact 2200mah 35C

In my next post I will show you guys a video that was shot using the prototype still.

Doom Glider.JPG Inside.JPG Parts.JPG Screw.JPG Undercamber.JPG Wing attatch.JPG Wing attatch 2.JPG Wing attatch 3.JPG Wing Back.JPG Wing Front.JPG