Motors for multiple hats

codedshadow

Hi guys! I am on a really tight budget for projects. I want to build FT planes, and then after that use those same motors to create a tricopter. What motor would be good to create a nice tricopter, but at the same time works for FT planes, like the Guinea Pig,FT-3D,(Kraken maybe?) etc. Is there a motor out there that could wear that many hats? Thanks guys.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Compare the recommended power packs for each of those planes and use the one that is most common between them? but then you would have to design the tri to match certain weight limits and not select the motors to match the tris requirements.. Is doable though with a little pre thought and good planning.

ztoon

Gone with the Mistral
Hi guys! I am on a really tight budget for projects. I want to build FT planes, and then after that use those same motors to create a tricopter. What motor would be good to create a nice tricopter, but at the same time works for FT planes, like the Guinea Pig,FT-3D,(Kraken maybe?) etc. Is there a motor out there that could wear that many hats? Thanks guys.

I've build my first tricopter with hk DT750 which then were used in my FT Guinea Pig (the 3rd motor is in my FT Bushwacker waiting to be maiden). Look for a more modern motor (DT750 is nice and cheap but has is downsides) = something like the motor in the powerpack C I guess.

I've got another smaller tricopter with 2206 which I also used on:
- FT Vector
- FT Arrow

Even smaller, the 1804 (I used them on my FT mini guinea) and 1806 are nice on the FT Minis...