Motors on tiny quads, how long do they last?

UABMaddog

I have 2 Blade Inductrix and a Nano QX my youngest and I fly around the house/garage/non-windy days outside. How much time should we expect out of those tiny overworked motors?

Replacement motors from Horizon seem a bit steep, anyone ever used the Micro Motor Warehouse motors? Their prices seem more reasonable, at least to me.

Thanks

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Brushed. . not long.

Brushless. . .I think it all varies on how well they are maintained, lightly oiling them every few hours of flight, how much you fly in dusty and sandy environments, how hard they are pushed (pushing them hard with voltages slightly above spec), how much jarring they are subjected to.

I have some DT750s that are 55 months old and have probably 60+ flight hours on them and they are still working fine.

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
I've replaced the motors on my nano qx 3 times in 2 years, iirc...the micromotor wharehouse motors have lastest the longest. That being said, talking to one guy from horizon at an event, there is not realy a way to guage thier life span, some last a long time, others..die early..very inconsistent.

If you were to get the MMW motors, I got the ones that were not the highspeed ones, just the regular ones (don't remember what they are called) but I havent had a problem with them yet!

UABMaddog

Got them in

I got the Micro-Motor-Warehouse motor sets in. I put the -11 medium speed set into one of my Inductirx and the -14 fast into the Nano QX. All I can say is that they are working great. The MMW site lists 5-6 hours of flight time on the motors, which seems about right to me. We have burned through 2 Inductrix and one Nano QX, all about 5-7 hours of flight time (counting the batteries run through them).

Will keep a tab on these MMW motors and let you know how they hold up. Probably going to order another set of -11 medium speed motors for the other Inductrix and possibly a spare set.

I have 2 Blade Inductrix and a Nano QX my youngest and I fly around the house/garage/non-windy days outside. How much time should we expect out of those tiny overworked motors?

Replacement motors from Horizon seem a bit steep, anyone ever used the Micro Motor Warehouse motors? Their prices seem more reasonable, at least to me.

Thanks

jipp

may i ask what the Inductrix does the nano qx can not do? or do you have both for verity.. minus some of the spots where obv the prop would hit or get caught.

UABMaddog

I got the second Blade to fly around until I found replacement motors. Then my youngest absconded with it after Christmas break, so I got me a Nano QX. He flew his Balde until two of the motors got too weak and then I got it back. So after new motors all around, I have a small fleet....LOL pun intended.

Just picked up a Nano 3D for more torture......me and my drones.....ROFLMAO