Help! Motors wont Arm. on cleanflight

Tiger5

ok had to hit the reset settings button so starting from the beginning. all is set up but still no motor movement...

Tiger5

Did you recalibrate the esc's after / if you changed the throttle range to 1000-2000? If not you have to do that and I think that will at least cure that odd beep.
I will calibrate them now but it didnt cure the beep before but no I changed the settings maybe it will.....

Tiger5

Did you recalibrate the esc's after / if you changed the throttle range to 1000-2000? If not you have to do that and I think that will at least cure that odd beep.
i just recalibrated the qbrain esc and they all spin nicely. But it refuses to spin in cleanflight..

Tiger5

it seems after calibration of the esc the rx light is constant but soon as i connect it to cleanflight the rx starts flashing as if its not bound but all the controls still work in cleanflight as if it was.....

Tiger5

That usually indicates that the ESC's aren't receiving a valid throttle signal. Try changing the ESC protocol to PWM.
it seems after calibration of the esc the rx light is constant but soon as i connect it to cleanflight the rx starts flashing as if its not bound but all the controls still work in cleanflight as if it was.....

Tiger5

Link to my problem......

I looked at CLI Status shows no obvious reason other than Arming Disabled Flags CLI. Checked all my throws on sticks all good, RX Bind to TX ok. QBrain Calibrated ok with all motors running sweet. Soon as I go to Cleanflight to configure the motors just wont spin. All my controls are working in the right order even my arm switch works in cleanflight and also shows up on the Naze32 board light as active. Help as i have run out of options now....anyone.. please...

Tiger5

Attachments

• config2.JPG
    config2.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 0
  • configuration.JPG
    configuration.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 0
  • modes.JPG
    modes.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 0
  • receiver.JPG
    receiver.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 0

Tiger5

I tried all the options in Receiver in configuration but only the PWM works. I tried almost every combination in cleanflight but nothing. I tryed changing the rx pin positions even and nothing.

Everything worked fine over a month ago until I sent off my RX to have a new aerial fitted. When it came back I had to set it all up again on Cleanflight for the first time for me as a beginner. Now over 4 weeks working on it Im pritty good knowing what does what and when. ..

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Two questions from me. I worked a little early on with clean flight on my versa copter then went on to KISS..

First is setting you have for stick min on the receiver tab.. I never messed with that and always left it at 1000.
Second is you using motor pwm separated from pid speed. I have never used either of those so not sure how to properly set them up. I am wondering if you default those two you may get it to arm and act properly.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I believe you need to change your ESC/Motor protocol to PWM, as the ESC's are not getting a valid throttle signal using OneShot125. This is not the same option as the receiver mode, which is probably what you were looking at when I mentioned it earlier.

Tiger5

I believe you need to change your ESC/Motor protocol to PWM, as the ESC's are not getting a valid throttle signal using OneShot125. This is not the same option as the receiver mode, which is probably what you were looking at when I mentioned it earlier.
Worth a try yes thanks... will let you know if that works....

Tiger5

That usually indicates that the ESC's aren't receiving a valid throttle signal. Try changing the ESC protocol to PWM.
its ALIVE.......Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thank you so much, after a couple of attempts as I didnt time the two beeps just right I got the thing to work. Fantastic and thank all for all help and advice . Now off to the garden and try out the drone. Thanks again . Regards Brian...

Tiger5

thanks to patience and a little help from this forum I have fixed my drone. All it was was one setting and that stopped the whole thing from flying. Changing the ESC protacol from OneShot125 to PWM was all i needed to do. Thanks for all your help Guys....Brilliant..