Mounting a Fat Shark Camera

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
We have a Super YC-14 in the works for this summer.
My son will wear the FPV goggles and command a bomb drop and paratrooper release ;)

So my camera mount will move from plane to plane with the magnet setup.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I've not seen any ill affects on the gear. Mainly close to the base pan servo but it operated fine.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
The view from the Bix. Frankly the Fat Shark Pilot HD camera is pretty low quality.

I've refocused the lens but the video is still not the right colour and the audio is off.
Sad compared to my GoPro but does the job as a FPV transmission camera.

I have also experianced problems with Fatshark camera. I purchased the kit with Fatshark 250mW 5.8 Ghz transmitter, Fatshark 600TVL camera and fatshark predator goggels. First i thought it was excellent camera but a crappy video tx. Since it overheated within 30 seconds and the picture disapered i thought it was the transmitter. Anyhow i shut it off and only flew it during winter time outdoors (worked well then) until it started to be warmer and the snow started melting. Then i got overheat problems outdoors also. I could not fly at all. Eventually the colors degraded and then the camera failed completly. Thats when i realised the videtransmitter was never the problem. It was always the fatshark 600TVL camera. So i orderd a mobius. It took over a month to get here so when i finaly got it my flight "grounds" where melted away... no frozen lake to fly on 5 min walk from the house.

In summary the fatshark cameras seem to be crap but the transmitters and goggels are good. The picture from the 600TVL camera was really good until it started degrading then it looked like "andre"s video that he just posted. After seing the colors like that the camera overheated completly and failed. Note that the camera was mounted on top of the airplane so it was always in airflow. And i flew in winter... it was still march so it was not warm.

The camera itself is so cheap so the shipping cost to hobbyking is higher than the price of the camera so no point in sending it back.

Edit: the camera itself got very warm and i always wonderd wtf is it in the camera that uses so much current... makes no sense at all.

- Carolus rex soon airborne again

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Email FatShark support.

They are really responsive.

I had a lens issue and they helped me out.