Mounting Aura on the Bloody Baron

Spitfire76

I would like to install my recently purchased Aura 5 lite in a Bloody Baron but not too sure what would be a good mounting location. It can't be in the power pod or covered by the power pod as I need access to the trim and bind buttons and be able to see the LEDs so I've cut a hole in the center of the wing just behind the servo. Its a little behind the CG but read on the Flex Inovations web site that its not that critical to have it located near the CG but it should be perpendicular to the fuselage. It will require some sort of cover to protect it. Anyone else mounted one of these on to a BB ?.

Attachments

• IMG_2245 (1).jpg
    IMG_2245 (1).jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 0

dap35

Elite member
I would like to install my recently purchased Aura 5 lite in a Bloody Baron but not too sure what would be a good mounting location. It can't be in the power pod or covered by the power pod as I need access to the trim and bind buttons and be able to see the LEDs so I've cut a hole in the center of the wing just behind the servo. Its a little behind the CG but read on the Flex Inovations web site that its not that critical to have it located near the CG but it should be perpendicular to the fuselage. It will require some sort of cover to protect it. Anyone else mounted one of these on to a BB ?.
I've been flying it uncovered on a mini-scout and it works great. I really love the launch mode. One of the more senior members of my club watched me launch today and was really impressed with how smooth it is.

Spitfire76

I like the way you’re thinking. Please share your results. Why would it need covered?
I just don't like electronics exposed so I've designed a cover. I've glued a small piece of thin plywood into the hole I made on top of the wing and used some servo screws to attach the 3d printable mount from Flex Innovations to mount the board on the ply. The cover has some holes for the servo cables, USB and LEDS. Its still work in progress but here it is so far.

Attachments

• IMG_2250.jpg
    IMG_2250.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 1