MS Bf-110 build & plans

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Here is my work-in-progress Bf-110! It's one of my favorite German warbirds, and so far it looks great. I've designed it to be very easy to build, everything lines up due to it being designed in 3d cad. There are cutouts in the wing to make sure that they align and are not crooked.

The final plans will not be ready for about 1-2 weeks because I still need to learn how to draw some parts (ie bevels, cutouts) Beta plans will be available soon though.

Here is a 3d model:

Last edited:

mastermalpass

Elite member
It's looking very nice! That thick wing is gonna make for some smooth slow passes. You gonna include anything to cap those wing-tips? :)

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
I've begun unwrapping the skins, and so far the all the dimensions on the unwrapped skins vs. skins on the model are accurate to 3/10 of a millimeter.
Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 12.52.34 PM.png

GrizWiz

Elite member
The skins for the nacelles are done. I found out that you can upload multiple skins at once, and calibrate them all together, but you have to have a balance because if you do too many, the screenshot will be too large and the skins will be inaccurate.

View attachment 189139
When taking a screen shot you can create a sketch next to them of 5mm or whatever length then once you open them in inkscape you can scale them to the same size using the percent scale at the top of inkscape! Calculating the percent to scale by is easy you have to choose the dimension you want to scale too and multiply it by 100 then take the size it is already and divide the product!
Like this 5×100=500 500÷7.5=66.666667

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
When taking a screen shot you can create a sketch next to them of 5mm or whatever length then once you open them in inkscape you can scale them to the same size using the percent scale at the top of inkscape! Calculating the percent to scale by is easy you have to choose the dimension you want to scale too and multiply it by 100 then take the size it is already and divide the product!
Like this 5×100=500 500÷7.5=66.666667

It's easier to do it in Fusion 360 because then it's really easy to compare the edge lengths. If they don't line up I know, and I can fix it. I wouldn't be able to find that out in Inkscape. Also, it's a lot easier to mirror things in Fusion. I'm surprised Inkscape doesn't have a good mirror tool. The one in path effects is tough to use.