MS Bf-110 build & plans

GrizWiz

Elite member
It's easier to do it in Fusion 360 because then it's really easy to compare the edge lengths. If they don't line up I know, and I can fix it. I wouldn't be able to find that out in Inkscape. Also, it's a lot easier to mirror things in Fusion. I'm surprised Inkscape doesn't have a good mirror tool. The one in path effects is tough to use.
Take it and do ctrl d then press h to mirror it on the horizontal axis and v to mirror it on the vertical axis

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Take it and do ctrl d then press h to mirror it on the horizontal axis and v to mirror it on the vertical axis

Thanks! If I ever need to mirror in Inkscape, then I will. I just like the sketch workflow better than in Inkscape. It's also nice to have everything be uniform when exported, but when I design non master series planes, like the Gotha, I'll use that.

BoredGuy

Here is my work-in-progress Bf-110! It's one of my favorite German warbirds, and so far it looks great. I've designed it to be very easy to build, everything lines up due to it being designed in 3d cad. There are cutouts in the wing to make sure that they align and are not crooked.

The final plans will not be ready for about 1-2 weeks because I still need to learn how to draw some parts (ie bevels, cutouts) Beta plans will be available soon though.

Here is a 3d model:
Another one already! You must have a lot of time on your hands, I'm hardly even able to build planes, much less design them. insert jealous face

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Finally! An update! So far I have imported all the parts into Inkscape, and formatted them correctly, ie bevel marks, score cuts, etc. I had a bit of an issue where the lines would have a strange thickness property, so I had to open up each svg file in a code editor, and change "vector effect" from non-scaling-stroke to none. Now all I have left to do is label and organize the parts!
Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 9.58.51 AM.png

Grand total of 102 parts!

Timmy

Legendary member
Finally! An update! So far I have imported all the parts into Inkscape, and formatted them correctly, ie bevel marks, score cuts, etc. I had a bit of an issue where the lines would have a strange thickness property, so I had to open up each svg file in a code editor, and change "vector effect" from non-scaling-stroke to none. Now all I have left to do is label and organize the parts! View attachment 191490

Grand total of 102 parts!
Can I build it yet? I wuz gonna do the P-38 but I'd rather build this!

Timmy

Legendary member
Sure, I'll put up the plans soon, just need to label and finalize some parts. If you want to build it now, you can calibrate the picture I just posted, and tile it, and print it.
well do you know if it flies yet? (no) When do you think you'll maiden it?

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
well do you know if it flies yet? (no) When do you think you'll maiden it?

I don't know if it flies, and I can't build it until I get home in April, but Mackaiversaid that he will build and test it. I'd start with the p-38, and once I test this design, you can build it. I'm sure it will fly anyway, though. It's very similar to the p-38, in fact, I based a lot of it around the p-38's dimensions and specifications.

Timmy

Legendary member
I don't know if it flies, and I can't build it until I get home in April, but Mackaiversaid that he will build and test it. I'd start with the p-38, and once I test this design, you can build it. I'm sure it will fly anyway, though. It's very similar to the p-38, in fact, I based a lot of it around the p-38's dimensions and specifications.
nice