MS Bf-110 build & plans

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Oh so thats why I got lots of wrinkles when I painted my Thresher outside :unsure:

Check this 13th Squadron Hellcat I painted outside when the temp was about 35 degrees. Whoops! Won't do that again. It flew great, but the whole thing looked like a Shar-Pei dog; the Navy Blue was totally wrinkled everywhere. I wound up giving Shar-Pei to a buddy's kid and rebuilt another one.

Attachments

• 20210211_082002.jpg
    20210211_082002.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210211_082007.jpg
    20210211_082007.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
WOW! Mines probably won't end up looking as good as that. Did you make the spinners or buy them?

I designed it so that the fronts of the nacelles would be exactly 2.5 in or something like that (I'll have to check) so that they would match up with spinners, but they ended up being too long.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
WOW! Mines probably won't end up looking as good as that. Did you make the spinners or buy them?

Thanks! There's tons of mistakes, but it's just foamboard, right? I'm recycling the spinners off of another plane- they were the Dubro ones. I thought the Bf-110 would look better with a three bladed prop. How is yours coming along?

Timmy

Legendary member
Thanks! There's tons of mistakes, but it's just foamboard, right? I'm recycling the spinners off of another plane- they were the Dubro ones. I thought the Bf-110 would look better with a three bladed prop. How is yours coming along?
pretty good, I'm working on the nacelles now. I won't have it flying for a while cuz I need to get some servo extensions.

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Thank you! Whit made some good plans- it looks SHARP in the air. I'm going to build his Me-109 just as soon as he says the plans are ready.

They're coming soon - the teachers aren't allowed to give homework during exam week, so now that exams are over, they're dumping it on us before spring break starts. I have most of the parts made into svgs, and I just need to make those into plans.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
They're coming soon - the teachers aren't allowed to give homework during exam week, so now that exams are over, they're dumping it on us before spring break starts. I have most of the parts made into svgs, and I just need to make those into plans.

Good luck with all your schoolwork. If you show half the attention to detail and work ethic on your schoolwork that you put forth on your plane plans, I'm sure you'll be high honor roll this term!

jahatton

I got mine coming along. Got sick and put it on hold for 2 days. On this I'm going with the rudder's rather than differential thrust, I got 2 planes with it and don't really like it. I purchased some foam board form Dollarama but when I got to cut it out I marveled at how smooth it was vs the wavy wrinkle texture. Unfortunately after the kit was cut I had one pickle of a time to remove the paper which actually was cardboard! :-( I had enough of the regular foam board to cut a second kit. Got 2 Turnigy Park 480 1020kv motors to install but have to take them out of planes waiting for their maidens. Not sure how this one is going to turn out but the last picture is of my last project.
When I put the skin over the wing box I found the sides were being sucked in. To fix that I glued in some flat bamboo strips to keep the skins straight. On the canopy the ends wanted to lift so I added the balsa stick in to keep the shape.

Attachments

• IMG_6247[1].JPG
    IMG_6247[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6249[1].JPG
    IMG_6249[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6250[1].JPG
    IMG_6250[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6251[1].JPG
    IMG_6251[1].JPG
    694.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6252[1].JPG
    IMG_6252[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6253[1].JPG
    IMG_6253[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6238.JPG
    IMG_6238.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I got mine coming along. Got sick and put it on hold for 2 days. On this I'm going with the rudder's rather than differential thrust, I got 2 planes with it and don't really like it. I purchased some foam board form Dollarama but when I got to cut it out I marveled at how smooth it was vs the wavy wrinkle texture. Unfortunately after the kit was cut I had one pickle of a time to remove the paper which actually was cardboard! :-( I had enough of the regular foam board to cut a second kit. Got 2 Turnigy Park 480 1020kv motors to install but have to take them out of planes waiting for their maidens. Not sure how this one is going to turn out but the last picture is of my last project.
That’s a beautiful Stearman! What’s the WS?

jahatton

How hard is it to make decals and put them on a PDF file. I got the sign shop to print my decals for the PT-17 which made a world of a difference! For us in Canada to order anything form the US they charge a lot on shipping and there isn't a guarantee that they will arrive. A friend of mine ordered a camera lens for a Mobius camera and it took 2 months for a $10.00 part.